contraception help

he every1,
i need some help regarding contraception.
i am 23 years old and i was a virgin when i got married. hubby and i both wanted to start a family straight away so i didn't use any contraception.
i am now almost 32weeks pregnant and with the baby due in less 2 months, i am beginning to think about contraception after the birth of my baby.
i have no idea of what type of contraception would be best and how long after delivery i should start it..........and don't worry i will definately talk to my doctor....but that isn't until next week.....and i wanted to have some opinions before i spoke with my doctors

so please, any advice is more then welcome

fay101

Asked by fay101 at 7:52 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I liked the Depo shot. Some people think it's horrible, but I preferred it - one shot every 3 months vs a pill every day vs a foreign device shoved in there? The shot was my bc of choice!
    Anonymous

• We use the fertility awareness method. It is hard for some people to learn but it made us very close as a couple. It does not work if you have wildly irregular and unpredictable cycles. Also, you must both be willing to use non-intercourse methods of intimacy or abstain during your fertile times. My hunny knows my cycles so well, he would have chocolates for me on the hour! Breast feeding can give you some protection but it is not 100%. Fertility awareness method (FAM) is FREE! No side effects!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2009