Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should we try for another baby?

My son is 2 years old. My husband has a great job as a teacher/IT administrator at a high school, and I am in college and I have baby fever BAD! In a way I would like to finish school (I only have one more year after this spring until I graduate and that year will be spent student teaching), but I would really like to have another baby! I don't want my children to be too far apart, and if we got pregnant now the baby would be born this summer ( I wouldn't miss any classes) and my son would be only 3 years older than little brother/sister. My IL's and mother babysit for me so childcare is not a problem. My idea was to quit using birth control just for this month and see what happens. If we get pregnant, good, if not then we'll wait 'til I'm out of school. Does this sound crazy or like it would be ok?

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (4)
  • what about fall when you go back to school, i mean do you think you'll have enough energy to chase a 3 yr old, deal w the needs of a 3 month old, homework, work , and hubby? if yes then go for it!!!!
    ladyd6280

    Answer by ladyd6280 at 8:03 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

  • My son is almost two and I am currently 18 weeks pregnant. I am in school as well. I am looking for a new job and plan to work full-time. I know it is going to be hard having the baby here in March, then I will have a 2 year old and a newborn, I will still be in school and going back to work after my maternity leave. I think if you are meant to have another child when you are meant to have them so if you wanna try for a month and see what happens then you should if it feels right to you. Keep in mind it is not going to be easy adding a baby to your current equation but motherhood is not always easy and all the hard work will be worth it because you will be doing it for your babies.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

  • i say ask your dh AND your IL's and mom. maybe they aren't ready for another yet, just saying. what happens if there's an illness or something and you suddenly can't get daycare. i'd ask all of them. and them being apart of the decision will make them closer to the baby once it's born (if they think it's a good idea).
    angevil53

    Answer by angevil53 at 9:19 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

  • Honestly, this is something you need to sit down with your DH and discuss. If you two feel that you both can handle the extra responsibility (financially, OB appointments, etc) and the added stress it may add, then go for it. Only you two can decide what is best for you. I personally would suggest waiting until you're done with school, but that is only my opinion. It would allow you see where you two are financially, emotionally, and you wouldn't have the stress of school to deal with. When you and your partner have made a choice, then talk with your IL's and make sure they're okay with babysitting another child. They do it for you now, but do they want to add another one to their babysitting day? That shouldn't sway you from whether you have another or not, but that will help you see whether you need alternative daycare or not..
    JazzlikeMraz

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:53 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN