Don't you think karma can bite you back?

I had a chick harass me and I always said what goes around comes around. Now she is getting hers. Do you believe in that saying?

bella69147

Asked by bella69147 at 8:08 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It has bitten my ass so many times I'm amazed that I still have any backside left! LOL What goes around comes back around, often far worse. It hardly matters whether you call it the golden rule, karma, or the rule of three. What you put out, you get back in spades!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:27 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Oh yes. Karma is out there. Thats part of why I always do my best to be kind to people even when they don't deserve it.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 8:12 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• i don't know so much that i believe in karma, but i do know that everyone will 'get theirs' at some time or another. as my momma always says, "you may not be around to see it, but they'll get paid back someday."
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:13 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I believe in God, not karma.
    Anonymous

• I AGREE WITH ANON :17
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 8:23 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• i agree i believe in God too not karma. I think that what is meant for you or written for you has nothing much to do with what you have done to others. It was going to happen regardless or not.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 8:42 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I do believe in karma- it's a significant concept to Buddhists. However the 'you get what you deserve' description that people use the word for in the west is not quite the way that the word was intended. In the dharmic religions, karma is more of a system of cause and effect. Your actions have consequences, these consequences affect you depending on your actions. So yes, if you are nasty to everyone you are likely to face consequences to that (one of which might be that people don't like you and dont' treat you nicely either!) But it's not intended to be quite so linear that if you kick someone today, you are guaranteed to get kicked in the same way sometime next week, kwim?
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:48 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I agree with Freela, her explanation is how I've always understood karma to be. And yes I do believe that we will eventually get back what we put out there because if you are cruel to someone you have made a negative or bad decision. It's only natural for a poor decision to come back and haunt you at some point in your life whether it's next week or the next decade.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:56 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Yep karma's a bitch. Sorry for the language. it will come back around three fold at that.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:57 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I believe in Karma...but in the sense that what we put out into the universe is what we get back. Kind of the "do unto others". The words we use, the actions we take, and the thoughts we have have a ripple effect on our world, and it effects everyone. If you want a kind, gentler, positive world, put that out there and it will come back to us.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2009