Push gifts?

Everyone is asking if I have picked out a "push" gift. I wasnt even sure what this was. I dont really want one... just bc i rather have my husband save the money. I dont want him to think I am expecting one either. I know he wont listen. Its a sweet gesture but what do you ladies think of a push gift? I think the baby is the gift. I just hate recieving stuff LOL!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think the baby is gift enough!! Besides, why spend the money? However, I certainly would not complain if I got one. Lol!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:13 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• ...I've had 5 babies...what the heck is a push gift?! Seriously, this is the first time I've heard that term - explain it please?!
    Anonymous

• what the heck??

never heard it before either.

but if its a gift for giving birth....shouldn't the accomplishment and that bundle you get forever after be the biggest gift?

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 8:22 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• its a gift the hub gets the new mom for carrying and pushing the baby out. I had not heard of this either until a few months ago. I see no point but that is me.
    Anonymous

• rolling on floorWTF? Now, you need a gift to push the kid out? Seriously, Hon, that will be the last thing on your mind when you are pushing!! And if you wait around for a gift, then let me know!!!

Someone's screwing with you.

Anonymous

• It's like...

"Yes, I know it's time to push, but my damn hubby hasn't gotten me a damn gift yet... So, I refuse..."

Right- e- o!!

Anonymous

• like it says hon... i dont expect one... I had not heard of this either until a few months ago. Anyhoo... no biggie to me
    Anonymous

• Well..it was never called a push gift but when my first child was born he bought me a beautiful locket that opens like a 4 leaf clover. Our intials are on the front. Each childs initials were engraved on the back after they were born. I Have worn out 3 chains because I wear it almost daily. It has a pic of my husband and our boys. He bought me a different locket that just holds two pictures that hols our grandchildrens pictures. He gave it to me after our court hearing when their adoption by us was finalized. I didn't expect it...and it isn't extravagant..but I love them.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:01 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I'd never heard of a "Push Present" until a couple of years ago........I so very much wanted one.....*sigh*........lol! Yes, I do think I deserved a gift for that kind of pain, lol!
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:04 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• That would be a nice thought, if he did it all on his own I suppose... but me? I would much rather him go out and get find or make me a caffine free coke that i have been wanting for forever!! lol that or a big cheeseburger lol, i'm so easy to please sometimes!
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 5:23 AM on Oct. 20, 2009