how do i get over the past?

my DH was married before... has a kid. It seems as tho I let my mind get to the best of me sometimes. I ask my DH all about how him and his ex were even tho he got her knocked up. Supposidly they only had sexonce. How do I quit letting their past interfere with our present now? he understands when my ex would call every blue moon for some reason... of how this made me feel... seeing and having to deal with her. how do you get over it? if this even made sense.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• So your husband is in contact with his ex because they have a child? They only had sex once? What are you struggling with here? Your husband having communication with his ex?
    Anonymous

• You don't "get over" that - you get used to it and deal with it. He has a child with her, he'll be connected to her for the rest of his, hers, and the child's lives, whether you like it or not. Get used to it.
    Anonymous

• the reason it bothers you so much is because you have questions and doubts!!! how many times have you seen maury do paternity test and the man claims we had sex 1 time but her story is different!? and u used the term ex not 1 night stand. you have further questions because you don't know what their relationship was like, why it didn't work out, and why they finally ended it. these questions will eat at you if you don't just ask him, even by letter or text, cuz then he can't see your hurt and disappointment, but instead visualize(if he cares) it. let him know of your concerns and why it bothers you!!! no question is a stupid 1 unless a man makes it that way! put your mind at ease and talk to him, period.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 8:25 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• thanks ladyd... i guess that is why i let it bug me... just not knowing the truth... what really went on. exacto mundo. my mind wonders silly stuff too much. thanks ladies
    Anonymous