picky 1 yr old!

Help! My 14 month old has suddenly decided that she's too picky to eat anything I give her! How do I get her to eat?

tasha080808

Asked by tasha080808 at 8:18 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• fish sticks, chick nuggs, frzn pizza, anything finger food that's frozen. for whatever reason(not because i can't cook) my 3 yr olds preffer frozen finger foods to my fully home made meals(maybe due to spices?). they love frozen fish, shrimp, egg rolls, popcorn chicken, chick nugg, ect. they also like the steamer veggies w chs sauce. you gotta work with her and find out what she like but do it in rotation so she doesn't tire of it.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 8:37 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• hot dogs and mac n chs
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 8:38 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• my 15 month old likes some foods one minute and refuses them the next. i just keep offering different things. i agree with ladyd6280. frozen foods are great. my daughter likes the steamfresh broccoli,, carrots, and cauliflower in cheese sauce. also morningstar makes frozen veggie bites. she likes the broccoli cheddar and spinach artichoke. i often give her grilled cheese, and sometimes hide some veggies or ham in it. i occasionally give her tator tots as well.

otherwise, try yogurts and fruits. i sometimes still veggie and fruit baby food, just so she gets a well balanced diet.
    DRM0329

Answer by DRM0329 at 9:11 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• well, one thing I've really tried to do is not give my son options when it comes to meal time. we all have the same thing. period.. I know I've failed a bunch of times already and dont' want to send my child away hungry but I also know it will be a bad habit if you are scrounging around trying to make her food when they end up being pickier and pickier - I have let my son throw fits at the table because he doesn't want to eat what we are having. he has to at least try it - he will be 2 in 2 weeks but i've done this since he started eating with us. even tonight my husband made ribs which I don't even like but we all sat down and my son threw a fit because he wanted waffles... sorry, we are having ribs. you need to at least try them - wah.....he threw himself on the floor, walked away from the table..ok - but you don't get anythign else - he did end up eating it once he knew I wouldn't cave
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:52 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• That's where I'm stuck at I don't want my daughter to go hungry but I don't want her to b super picky either (I'm not about to make a seperate meal for each person (with a 3 year old, a 2 year old, and 2 1 year olds I'd never get out of the kitchen if I did that!) What I normally do is save their food for when they decide they r hungry enough to eat (which works wonders for the 3 and 2 year olds) but dj will not give in! :(
    tasha080808

Answer by tasha080808 at 10:57 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Just keep offering, when they are hungry enough they will eat whatever you put in front of them. At 1 yr .old they don't really know the difference yet. Another thing would be to just make something that you know they like as part of the meal so you know they will eat something and can maybe sneak in a forkful of the new item! They say you have to introduce new things to toddlers like 7 times before they will become accustomed to it. Good luck I am going through this off & on with my 14 mo. old too!
    Anonymous

• my son is 14 months too and sometimes he eats and sometimes he doesnt. I dont get worked up. toddlers get picky sometimes its normal just keep trying different foods. my son used to love ice cream but now wont eat it its weird.
    djanowski775

Answer by djanowski775 at 5:02 PM on Oct. 20, 2009