Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sexual abuse

My 3 year old niece has been showing signs of sexual abuse and recently told her mother that daddy touches her and she touched daddy what do we do? Who do we call? My sister has already taken her to the ER and has called child services but they don't seem to be handling anything quick enough are their any children counselors or hot lines we can call? Desperately need your help.......thank you!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Answers (11)
  • call cps!!! cps has to investigate any report regaurdless of the reason. its in the blue section of white pages under abuse; child abuse, neglect, ect. good luck, my prayers are with all of you except that pos!!!

    Answer by ladyd6280 at 8:28 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

  • Call the police. Also, doctors and therapists are required by law to report allegations. The school staff are required to as well.

    Answer by NightPhoenix at 8:30 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

  • i agree with the top 2, cps have to

    Answer by Hesmynavyman at 8:33 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

  • She has called DFS (the cps n our area but they are putting off examming her for a few days! In which all the swelling and redness could b gone! My mom says she needs to see a child therapist does anyone know where I can find a list of child therapist?

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

  • Call the police and go to an attorney.

    Answer by EireLass at 8:38 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

  • If there is swelling and redness you need to take pics or call the cops to have them take them

    Answer by Steph319 at 8:43 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

  • If there is swellinga nd redness then i owuld take her to take drs and get it a statment from them. I would also be moving out NOW!

    Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:48 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

  • i agree to take pics i work in a school where we report lots of abuse and that is always the first thing we do is take a good pic of the injury and keep a hard copy of it for the record, so we arent liable for not documenting. get her a therapist and call your csb and tell them you are going to get the local news investigating them if they dont make your neice a priority.

    Answer by AmaliaD at 9:41 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

  • Take pictures so you have proof to show the cops and talk to a lawyer they can tell you more of what needs to be done. Good luck and Blessed be.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

  • Well, My Niece was the same way and It was by her stepdad! So My Mom and dad told DHS and they tried to talk to my sister at the time..but now they are in Couseling and Are doing really really good! Yes there are Children counseling for Kids and for the parent!

    Answer by bonham at 1:06 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.