Any good recipes that you guys love?

I fell like I cook the same things over and over again and I want to try some new tastey recipes. If it helps narrow the field at all I love healthy, but very flavorful food (like grilled chicken with some great sauce or something), bt I also love a big juicy steak or greasy burger every nw and then sooo... I guess that didn't help much huh?:) Also I would like to not have to spend $50 to make it. So let's hear 'em...

shawneewaiting

Asked by shawneewaiting at 8:29 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Food & Drink

• 7 layer veggie lasagna!!! loved it from the spaghetti warehouse.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 8:32 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Porcupine Meatballs

1 1/2 pound lean ground beef
    2/3 cup long-grain rice, uncooked ( I Uncle Bens converted rice instead)
    1/2 cup water
    1/4 cup finely chopped onion
    1 teaspoon seasoned salt
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    1 large can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
    1 cup water
    2-3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce

Mix ground beef with rice, 1/2 cup of water, chopped onion, seasoned salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Shape porcupine ground beef mixture by tablespoon into 1 1/2-inch balls.
    Place the porcupine meatballs in an ungreased 2-quart shallow baking dish. Mix the remaining ingredients and pour over the porcupine meatballs. Cover and bake at 350° F. oven for about 45 minutes. Uncover and bake porcupine meatballs 15 to 20 minutes longer. Serves 4-6

I usually make a vegatable and mashed potatoes(for kids) and a green salad for us. It is very inexpensive and relatively quick.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:43 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

9 chicken tenderloins (about 1/2 of a 3lb bag frozen chicken tenderloins)
    4 quarts chicken stock (or broth if stock is too expensive)
    1 onion
    1 cup frozen corn kernels
    1 cup frozen green peas
    1 cup frozen green beans
    1 bag No Yolks Egg Dumplings
    ground black pepper

Heat the chicken stock to boiling. Cut the onion into small dice and add to the broth along with ground black pepper (I'd start with about a half teaspoon). Add the chicken tenderloins and boil for 30 minutes on medium heat. Add in the frozen vegetables and boil on medium for another 30 minutes. Add the bag of egg dumplings (I think its the 14 oz bag) and boil for 7-10 minutes til the dumplings are done. Add black pepper to taste. The tastiest chicken noodle soup! And, its cheap and easy and makes enough to feed 5 people two meals. Keeps well for a couple of days.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:46 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• AprilDJC - I'm running off with your recipe. I can almost smell it. Thanks!
    Anonymous

• I serve this it over broccoli (and I make double the sauce).
    Pasta and Tofu with Finger-Licking Peanut Sauce
    1/2 cup low or no sodium vegetable broth
    1/4 cup chunky peanut butter (I use smooth)
    1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
    3 tablespoons brown sugar
    2 tablespoons rice vinegar
    2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
    2 teaspoons chile paste with garlic (add to taste, it is pretty spicey)
    4 garlic cloves, minced
    8 ounces uncooked whole wheat angel hair
    1 pound firm tofu, drained and cubed (optional)
    1 cup (2-inch) sliced green onions
    1 cup shredded carrot

cont.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:22 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Combine first 8 ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until smooth, stirring frequently (this can also be done in the microwave; use a tempered glass bowl, like pyrex, cook for 20 seconds, stir, repeat until smooth). Remove from heat. Cook pasta in boiling water 8 minutes, omitting salt and fat. Add tofu, onions, and carrot; drain. Place pasta mixture in a large bowl. Add peanut butter mixture; toss gently.

• I'm not sure how healthy this is, but you use lowfat stuff in it. DH LOVES it though. Hashbrown Casserol:
    In a large bowl mix a can of cream of chicken soup, a thing of sour cream, salt, a few spoons of melted butter, a bag of thawed shredded hasbrowns, cut up onion, a small bag of shredded cheddar cheese, and a few handfuls of crushed cornflakes. Mix it all up then spread it out on a large baking pan. Cover teh top in more crushed corn flakes and bake at 350. Its quick, and easy and it never lasts very long in our house.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 3:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2009