would you get your haircut even if your DH didn't want you to?

I am just super busy I have 4 kids and no time to do anything with my hair. My hair is long (almost to my elbows) and is super thick. I would love to have nice haircut that I don't have to do much with. I would love a haircut either like kate Gosselins or victoria beckams A line bob. My husband doesn't want me to cut my hair. Don't get me wrong I love my hair but I honestly don't have the time to do anything with it...I pull it up everyday...its rare when I wear it down. I just would like a hairstyle besides the ponytail or bun look. I'm just not sure how to convince my DH? Anyone else have this problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I wouldn't get a hair cut like kates because you say you dont have time to do your hair, kates hair takes lots of product and time.
    I know, I tried it. And it just looked crappy until it grew out. Cut it shorter if you want, but I wouldn't cut it into some style like that, too much time for a mommy who doesn't have tons of money and hires her own hair stylish.. lol
    Oh and I cut my hair the way I want it, it's mine, NOT my husbands.
    Anonymous

• I would go to a good stylist, explain what you want, and see what they suggest. Tell them the fact that you don't have a lot of time to style. I have had the Victoria Beckham bob (I still have a similar cut but a bit longer) and trust me, it's WAY more work to maintain than long hair! It needs to be blow dried/flat ironed into that shape or it looks like a mess. I have very fine hair so it's fine by me (it's only five minutes with the flat iron every day) but if you say you have super thick hair, it may take more time than you think to maintain that kind of style.
    A midway change that both you and your dh might accept would be to cut it around shoulder length or a bit longer, add layers, add bangs, or make any other changes that might mix things up a bit without removing the option to pull it back or adding a lot more maintenance to your basic cut. HTH a bit!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:44 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Yes. That's your hair and has nothing to do with your husband. Why would he have control over anything on your body?

Oh and if it's that long, you might go somewhere to donate it to locks of love.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 8:48 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Your husband sounds like mine. When my first son was born I had to pull my hair aside when I sat down or it would get caught. 6 weeks after that child was born I literally hacked my hair off to the shoulders. My DH was PO'd. I told him when HE washed it, dried it and fixed every single day he could have a say. Until I was doing it my way. He groused about for a long time until I wound up in the hospital for 2 weeks. He helped me wash my hair in a sink. He decided that day that it was A LOT of work. He hasn't said a word since.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:51 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• its your hair do what you want but like others said those styles take a lot of work....i would ask your stylist what she/he recommends for you...
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 9:08 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Yes its my hair not his
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 9:21 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• yes
    navyma23

Answer by navyma23 at 9:24 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Absolutely!! Why wouldn't I??!! It actually might make me want to more so... mwuahahahahahah!! hehe, j/k!!
    dragonflylovr19

Answer by dragonflylovr19 at 9:28 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• ... also wanted to add that that is the style I have had for YEARS!!! And LOVE it!! VERY easy to maintain, very!! But, growing it out is a beotch! Do it and post pics :) As for the convincing part... maybe get a wad of gum stuck in it and then you'd have to!! lol
    dragonflylovr19

Answer by dragonflylovr19 at 9:30 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• It took me a number of years to make my DH understand that it was my hair not his. I love my hair very short. My DH would love to see me with hair to the floor (that will never happen!!)
    Nanna22

Answer by Nanna22 at 9:32 PM on Oct. 19, 2009