Have you ever had to push a Car?

Have you ever had to push a car? I have many times! After being Stranded & having to sit & wait in mine for 4 1/2 hours We did! It was my SIL, A kind Stranger & me pushing it up backwards up a makeshift Ramp! I hurt now!! But what can you do?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 8:35 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i haven't pushed a car, but i put my desk together, organization shelves, and fixed my laptop w/o manuals!!! i put together 2 cribs by myself 2. i put my dining rm set together by myself using power drill! i like putting things together, car is my next step!!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 8:42 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Yeah, lots of times. The last time was when we were trying to move my non-running van into the garage so it wouldn't get towed. First we had to push it around the corner into the alley. I steered, hubby pushed with our truck. Have you ever tried to turn a vehicle with no power steering...ugh.
    Then once we were at the garage I got out and pushed and my dad steered.
    Did I mention it was pouring outside. The whole thing was oddly hilarious.
    There was also this one time I was out with a friend, dropping another co-worker off at home in the middle of winter and we couldn't get back up the hill because of ice. We tried to push the van but it was stuck. I ended up watching her kids on the side of the road, the wrecker almost got stuck but we finally got the van out and it didn't crash into the creek at the bottom of the hill. It was a long night.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:53 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I pushed my car while 5 months pregnant.. it died on my way out of work.. I pushed it back, and went back inside (I work @ a hotel) got a room for the night.. the guys still there were seriously mad that I didn't come ask for help.. but.. I am competent!!!
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 8:56 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• yes i went with my younger brother to a bigger town and his car stalled in the middle of a busy road so i had to push him into the next parking lot which was about 20 ft away and it was a slight incline good thing he only had a small caviler ..then after we go into the lot he wanted the car moved up next the cafe so i pushed up to there... ahh if he wasnt my lil brother i would of been like push ur own damn car lol
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 9:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I have never had to push mine but I have helped my friends push theirs MANY times. LOL
    RiverPhenix

Answer by RiverPhenix at 9:03 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Yes, once I saw a women trying to push a car in the parking lot of Wachovia because it had cut off, so I pulled over to help. Finally a guy stopped to help but it took unusually long! I was beginning to wonder if there were any gentlemen left in the world.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:20 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• yes many of times
    navyma23

Answer by navyma23 at 9:24 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• ok I'm posting this as anonymously because I don't want anyone to know how stupid I was. lol well, funny story, I have a car that the steering went out, but it moved just fine and I went to move the car back a little so I could park another car in front of it and instead of doing the smart thing of putting the car in reverse and letting it move back on it's own, I sat there and tried to push the dang thing by hand!!!! So yeah, it was a total duh moment for me.
    Anonymous