why would someone get put on bed rest for 6 weeks?!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• "Bed rest" is a treatment for a medical complication, so depending on what's wrong, that might be normal.
    What is it for?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:44 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• braxton hicks contractions
    Anonymous

• I had preterm labor and was on it for twelve! Also people with multiples can be put on bed rest as early as four mos along.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:45 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I was on bedrest for 4 MONTHS with my first pregnancy. I had pre-eclampsia that eventually went to full blown Toxemia and had an emergency c-section.
    Lots of other reasons are incompetent cervix, premature rupture of amniotic sac, more than one baby...lots of reasons.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:46 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• i was on it from week 32 to 37 and in the hospital in "pregnancy prison" for 4 weeks of that. why? preterm labor. it really sucked
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 8:57 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• my understanding is that you could be put on bed rest in early pregnancy if dr thinks it might prevent miscarriage if there is a complication OR closer to the end of pregnancy to prevent pre-term labor. so if you are 30 weeks and showing signs that you might go into labor, you might be put on bed rest until 37 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Oct. 20, 2009