Leaving cafemom?

People are so rude and snotty here. I've only talked to a few good people. Everytime I ask questions I get people being so mean to me and then people say things like "well you shouldn't ask if you can't take the honesty!"

I didn't know this website would be some high school clique.

Don't know if it's worth having an account here anymore

Tashwitz

Asked by Tashwitz at 8:49 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in About CafeMom

• There are lots of good moms on here you just have to ignore the haters. Mean people suck! I just wish they would take away the anon button, I think that has A LOT to do w/it! Hang in there!
    Lots of us on here are real (non anon) people who care! : )
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 10:01 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I know, I've seen quite a few people leaving over the last few weeks. I even emailed CM about it - and all I got was the stock "report the comments" - they were no help at all. Seems they're not interested in maintaining this site for what it was intended to be. I come here less and less myself. Sorry they've made you feel like this.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 8:52 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I'm sorry you feel that way. I can't say that I've had that same experience, but I can understand why your would be irritated.

I hope that you can find some wonderful women here! They do exist!
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 8:53 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Then go, I didn't say anything that rude on the post you feel so driven to post this about. Seriously, I think some people need to lighten up a little. It's true, if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. Opinions are like a$$holes everyone has one and they don't all match! Maybe some are too sensitive, or it's not what they are expecting to hear. What do you want to hear, oh sweety I'm so sorry people are mean to you let me kiss it and make it better. I'm not saying you, but I wonder how some people take real life if they can't even handle cafe mom. I personally appreciate some of the tough answers I get from these women. I try to drop my defenses and think for a second. I enjoy the challenge. It's all in the eye of the beholder!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:04 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• umm this wasn't even about you, I just happened to read that AFTER I posted this. Look at the times.

And yes people on here only say ignorant crap because they have their screen names and the anonymous button to hide behind.

There are people here with genuine questions and that actually want to talk about their kids and real life problems. There are pregnant women here and yea some people need to chill out and get off of their high horse. I don't understand what has happened to people and why everyone thinks it's ok to tear other people apart. It's not.
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 9:08 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Can you honestly say you are %100 clear of doing this yourself. I mean none of us are really. It's a lot easier to just allow others to think, act, and feel how ever they want and just worry about the one thing you can control YOU. Old story someone once told me: My dad had a friend who was moving from one town to another, he asked his friend why the move? He said because all there are around here are rude, crabby people. And dad says, well then, I'm afraid that's all your gonna find here too....
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:14 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Girl, this website is a great website and there are a LOT of awesome women on here. You just gotta find them outside of the Answers sections. "Those people" like to hang out here because it's easy to be rude in this section (more so than in other sections anyway). You hang in there and find your "niche"!!
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 10:08 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Hey please feel free to add me.. I'm not mean.. at least try not to be.. I don't hide behind annon..lol I love making new friends don't leave for the hand full of DB's you find here. IGNORE them and pay attention to the girls who do care or try to help.
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 10:46 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I can understand your frustration and have considered leaving too. I'm a grownup (38) and don't understand the need to be so impolite or downright rude in responding. What good does it do for anyone but the responder who then feels better about themselves for being an ass. And only that feeling will be temporary. It's called TACT. In life, you must learn tact in every arena of your life. If not, you appear an uneducated fool.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:54 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Thanks for the support some of you. For now I am going to stay and just ignore the haters... at least I'm going to try.. lol
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 1:04 AM on Oct. 20, 2009