What does the Bible say about interracial marriage?

NOT BASHING JUST WANNA KNOW.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• In Numbers 12 Moses had married and Ethiopian woman. Aaron and Miriam spoke against Moses for doing so and God stuck leprosy upon Miriam. This is the only mention that I know of in regards to interracial relationships in the Bible.  So I would assume that it is perfectly okay.

TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 9:15 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• You are asking to be bashed you know that.

Answer by louise2 at 9:04 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Don't care. My interracial marriage is tantric. We couldn't be any closer than we already are. But we'll let you get your biblical/christian answers now.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:06 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• it doesn't put it down, if that's what your asking. we're meant to appreciate one another despite race, creed, or religion, however it's not this way due to hate and misunderstanding!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 9:07 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• honestly, I have never read, or heard of any passage in the Bible saying anything against interracial marriags. And personally, I see nothing wrong with them.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 9:08 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• The Bible says hat we are all are made of one blood. (Acts 17:26) The only "interracial" relationships forbidden are those between man and beast (Leviticus 18:23) and those between believers and unbelievers (2 Corinthians 6:14-18). This is the case throughout the Bible.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:10 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Nothing really. The Old testament did not allow Jews to marry people from other countries but God said it was because the spouses would "turn their hearts from God." It was about keeping their faith in God, not really about a different race. Besides, the lineage of Christ in Matthew names several women who were not Jews. Those that accepted Israel's God could marry Jews. In the New Testament christians are told not to marry unbelievers but that is it (nothing about another country or race - and actually there are no other races. Scripture teaches we are all of the human race!)
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:12 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• There is nothing that I've ever found. I know some use Leviticus to try and say that it's wrong - but that's NOT what I got when I read it.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:29 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• There is a good book called One Blood by a few authors on being Ken Ham that talks about all that. There is nothing wrong with marrying outside your race!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 9:32 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• It says that by the end of times the races will be so blended that we will all be one race, as I would assume it was meant to be..........Naturally, I believe interracial marriage to meet with God's approval, but just like every other passage in the bible there will be many different interpretations on the matter. DF and I had an interesting conversation about this the other night.......If we were ALL made in the image of God then that means that all races represent an aspect of Him so wouldn't it make perfect sense if Adam and Eve were each at opposite ends of the race spectrum meaning that one of them was white and the other black and their procreation together would account for all of the different variants of all skin tones and "races"........Did that make sense to anyone but me?????
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:37 PM on Oct. 19, 2009