Was your DH too weirded out to have sex with you while you were pregnant?

My Soon-To-Be-DH just informed me that he didn't think he could have sex with me past 4 months of pregnancy. He said he would just feel too weird if he could see a "belly." I don't know how you felt during your pregnancy, but during mine with DS I was ravenous for sex. To deprive me of sex during pregnancy would be like telling me I couldn't have chocolate, cheeseburgers, (fill-in-the-blank-with-your-fav-preggo-foods) for nine frikin months! I was so looking forward to a future pregnancy that I could fully enjoy without the whole becoming a widow thing being a dark cloud looming over it and was hoping that an active sex life would be a part of that. What the heck!?!?!? I know you show even faster during a second pregnancy, I don't want to practice abstinence DURING my marriage for crying out loud! Tell me your DH got over this please.......

WindyTheWidow

Asked by WindyTheWidow at 9:12 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No my SO was never bothered by it! He never even asked if it was ok, he just kind of went with the flow when I went through my phase of wanting it all the time! I think he figured if I let him, then it was ok. If it was dangerous, I obviously wouldn't have let him near me!
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 11:39 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• im 37 weeks and my hubby gets it whenever he can...LOL

maybe have your DH come to one of your prenatal appointments and bring up sex to the DOC that way your hubby can hear that its OK

DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 9:18 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Mine did not really have a problem, and I'm sure your guy will be just fine with everything too. Also with my first I often wanted to have sex, and with my second I rarely did.
    I really wouldnt worry about it. If you want to do it, just turn the other way.... then he doesnt have to look at the belly, he can focus on your bum :)
    It will work out.
    Anonymous

• No he doesn't care. as long as hes getting some its on
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 9:21 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• LOL! Anon 9:19, that's what I told him, that I could just turn around and he could pretend I wasn't pregnant at all, just a little "thick." I think he's afraid he will hurt the baby, like most men are.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:22 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Ugh, my DH didn't want to have sex either (and he is normally a sex fiend), cause he was afraid he'd be touching the baby. I'm not real big on sex to be honest, but there were times I wanted it and it was really frustrating to be rejected like that.
    mama2conor

Answer by mama2conor at 9:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• My DH had a little bit of a problem at first untill he talked to the doctor and found out that it was okay and it wouldn't hurt the baby.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:53 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• My DH never worried about what my belly looked like and didn't worry about "hurting the baby" and wanted sex TOO often,IMO. I wish he would have just left me alone!!! I was too miserable and uncomfortable for sex. ALL I wanted to do was sleep...and that was difficult.
    Anonymous