I need some healthy lunch ideas to my 5 year old son

Please help me to make healthy lunch for my son so he can bring a healthy lunch to school? Any ideas and suggestion if you have I will appreciate it a lot.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Peanut Butter & Bananas sandwiches are easy and cheap to make, add carrots and you can freeze a juice box or a yogurt tube and that's a decent lunch. You can use tortillas as another source of "bread" rolled up with turkey breast and lettuce and some light cheese. Cucumbers or bell peppers as a side, some grapes. Those are the kind of things I pack for my kids for their Field trips when I have to make them a lunch... Hope this helps some Good luck!
    sauterelledesil

Answer by sauterelledesil at 9:16 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• You'll want to make sure you are taking things that don't need refrigeration or that you buy an insulated lunch box with a ice pack in it. When my boys were younger, I would send them things like chef salad (in a plastic container with a lid, put red leaf lettuce, chopped tomatoes, chopped cucumbers, shredded carrots, and diced ham. In a small plastic bag put a few croutons, and get individual packets of dressing when you go out for fast food--just ask for extra). Another thing they liked was pita sandwiches. Take half a pita, open it up, fill it with diced cooked chicken or turkey, chopped salad veggies, and include a packet of dressing to top it with. A thermos filled with homemade stew or soup is great on a cold day (I can give you recipes if you PM me), and good sides include frozen Gogurts, whole grain muffins, Kashi granola bars, low fat graham crackers, frozen juice boxes, and if you have a insulated lunch box you can..
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:40 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• also send little bottles of milk to drink. My boys also liked to take the fat free Jello Pudding cups as a dessert.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:41 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Most days my daughter brings a thermos with leftovers.

I have a huge list of bagged lunch ideas that I have collected over the years; send me a message offlist if you would like a copy.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:15 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• PJ with raisins; carrot; 1/2 apple slices he can buy milk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Oct. 20, 2009