Could this reallly be labor? (hoping to get more responses)

Okay so since noon today I have been feeling like I have period cramps.
Im cramping mainly on my right side and I have this pulsating cramping feeling going down my left leg toward my calve.....This is Exactly like how I feel the 1st couple days of my period...

but im 37 weeks pregnant

I asked what the cramping meant in another question but only one person answered and they said it could be labor or it could be nothing.

Im a little concerned but I dont think its labor because its not an excruciating pain...it just feels like a period cramp.

any thoughts?

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 9:25 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• For my first child, I didn't realize I was in labor at first. I suspected that I might be because it was recurring. So my thought is that it isn't labor, but like anon says, I could well be wrong. For my second child labor was more abrupt and intense from the beginning, and involved my back.

Answer by Bmat at 9:56 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Labor can be all sorts of things. It doesn't HAVE to be big pain. (Especially if you view childbirth differently...)
    This is very likely to be the ebb & flow of hormonal waves, the body working and preparing...
    If you notice they are coming at intervals you can time then start doing the things to calm them down (mentioned in other post).
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:28 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• No it doesnt sound like labor to me but then again i could be wrong i was in labor and didnt know cause i didnt really feel it ...But if you have any bleeding or anything goto the er to see if you dialated or anything goodluck!
    Anonymous

• No bleeding
    I have been drinking a lot more water in hopes that maybe its just my body needing water and I just made myself some oatmeal so Hopefully that'll all help

thanks ladies
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 9:37 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• ooo and if the cramping is down your leg, there's a very good chance that babys sitting on your sciatic nerve........if you rub belly, and baby moves, does the pain ease?

AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 9:55 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• That's how my labor began......or.....it could be the ligaments stretching......
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:02 PM on Oct. 19, 2009