Ugly. What can I do?

My skin is all blotchy and icky. I seem to be allergic to every type of face stuff so nothing seems to help. Didn't really have a huge problem with my skin till I moved. I think it's the water here.

I'm sick of feeling like the ugliest piece of crap ever. Any suggestions on what to do to make my skin look better?

P.S. Not too fond of doctors, so please don't suggest that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• My best suggestion for you is to get a water softener that uses potassium instead of salt. It makes a huge difference in the skin and hair. Las Vegas has incredibly hard water, and my youngest son was suffering with bad eczema when we moved here. My hair looked like crap and my skin was flaky and gross. When we had a salt softener, it didn't help. When we moved, we got a Kinetico system with potassium. My son's eczema went away completely and hasn't come back. My skin doesn't flake anymore, and my hair feels soft again. HUGE difference!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• ok sweetie, this is going to sound like im going to sell you something, but if i tell you what to use will you promise to try it? I SWEAR on this product.. its called VELOCITY, its by MARKAY and i have a lady u can buy from...i SWEAR i had the worse acne ever and some type of roseacia my face was so red and after 2 weeks face was so clear i dont have 1 pimple until around my monthly!.. please try it i tell so many people but they are iffy bc u have to buy it online or call the representive which if u call her she will put in mail and u will get in 5-7 days. please try it hun its a cleanser which is a 3 in 1 its a cleanser, toner, and exfoliater same time, and u will buy moisturizzer goes with it, its for oily and or dry skin its wonderful. let me know results
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 9:42 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Thanks. Will give it a try.
    Anonymous

• I could send you a sample of Arbonne's anti-aging product line. Where did you move to? PM me with your address and I will gladly send out a sample for you to try. I know you will be happy with how your skin looks and feels. No more blotchiness, just healthier skin.
    Have a great day!
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 11:12 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Before buying or selling any body care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). http://www.ewg.org/

Avon and Mary Kay, among others, make a big public show of their support of breast cancer research and victims, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients in their products.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:05 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Mary Kay is awesome, I have been using it since I was 13 years old because I needed. But you will need to work with a consultant because although Velocity is a great skin care product, that is not what I would recommend first. If you want help with MK products, contact me. I give a discount to cafemom's.  www.marykay.com/ahenderson1

AmyMK

Answer by AmyMK at 4:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• try Cetiphil face wash...super gentle. My bf went to a dermatologist a few years back and recommended it. Or sometimes I used honey and milk as a face mask..natural cleansers..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Oct. 22, 2009