How do I get my 12 month old to stop biting?

My daughter bites me out of the blue thru out the day.
One minute she's giving me kisses.. the next she's biting my chin so hard, or my neck! I tell her no but she just laughs. She think's it's funny and that it's a game, and it's not. She also yanks my hair and she understands what no is, but doesnt listen when I tell her not to yank my hair or bite me. She even bit a little girl the other day. She has 6 teeth, so it hurts, they are so sharp.
Is this normal and is there something eles I can do besides saying no all the time?
I don't spank, and I don't yell. So please dont suggest those.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just tell her no biting in a firm voice, put her down and walk away for a minute, do it as consistently and as immediatly as possible, it takes a while, but she will get the picture, we went through this with my son. No biting, hitting or yelling nessisary
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 10:37 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• just screamn or say otch real loud to scare her.she may cry but it worked for me,and if my lil one acts like she is going to bite i say no bite.also with the hair thing i pull my lil ones hair..not hard,and she lets go of mine
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:53 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• U NEED TO BUST HER BUTT ! ITS NOT A CRIME TO SPANK YOUR KIDS BUTTS ! THATS THE PROBLEM NOW DAYS THE KIDS NEED THERE BUTT BUSTED .
    !
    Anonymous

• ok this is gonna sound sooo bad but it works.. BITE HER BACK.. My mother taught me this with my oldest and I refused to do it for the longest time.. Until Is saw they listened when "mimi: bit them back.. You dont' bit to leave marks or draw blood just enough to cause pain to her so she understands... (let the bashing begin..which are not my intentions..lol)
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 10:07 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Not happy about my comments. At all.
    I don't bite my daughter back, nor will I spank her.
    Kids don't need parents to inflict pain on them, then they will only inflict pain on others. When you do that, it's teaching them that it's okay. Sorry but i'm not taken these as good answers. Thanks anyway for your advice.
    Anonymous