• In the Spotlight:

what do you decorate your holiday/holly tree for winter solstice/yule?

What kind of decorations do you add, do you buy them from the store/department stores or do you make him? And what colors do you use?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have 2 that will be going up. One is the family tree, has everything from homemade/classroom projects to all of our babies and grandbabies first ornaments and this yr dh bought for me a Triquetra made out of fax pearls and lace to become the focal point of that tree...
    The second tree is our gs's and all of the ornaments that he has been given and will be given over the yrs past and to come...
    And it all starts going up Nov. 1... :)
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Our first December in this house was our first year married and I was pregnant with DS. We decided to start completely from scratch. We went and bought a few dozen ornaments of things we like - mostly Star Wars and cartoon characters, and one special one for DS even though he wasn't due til February. Each year we add a few more - gifts from friends or ones he's made. I expect by the time we're old and gray and have grandkids, we'll have one of those trees that has 3 ornaments on every branch to hold it all, but for now it's just a little bit at a time.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:06 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I am going "all new" this year. New tree and all new decorations. Last year I went with burnt orange and gold ornaments. I started decorating a week before Halloween. This year, I will wait until the day after.
    Anonymous

• We use family ones(passed down or ones given to us as kids...you know the super special ones) and homemade ornaments.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:04 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Tree. I am in chargeo fboth. HTe kids tree is red and goldd and has their ornaments they made over the years on it. IThe l;arger one is blue and silver and clear and white.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 7:49 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Our tree is all bright and shiny, too much tackiness is just enough when it comes to trees IMO ;-) Lots of different colors, mix of the thread wrapped ones and the glass ones, and lots of silver tinsel. We just bought the big tubs of mixed ones from Target, I don't like the mixed ornament look.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 9:24 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I like the look of classic glass red balls with white lights... Very basic but very beautiful!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:52 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• its mixed. old and new. shiny and dull. glowy and matte.

we made a christmas wreath together last year.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 11:31 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• We don't put up a tree but we decorate the house with suns, snowflakes, snowmen, ice fairies, fresh greens & anything else that says "winter" to us.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 11:58 AM on Oct. 20, 2009