Is my 3 month old teething?

She wont keep her fingers out of her mouth, sometimes doesn't even have any interest in her bottle. Nothing seems to sooth her. She is VERY irretable! I looked in her mouth and didn't see what looked like a tooth trying to poke its way through, could she still be teething? If so, what can I do?

ArmyMommy89

Asked by ArmyMommy89 at 9:36 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yea my daughter did that
    keithamy06

Answer by keithamy06 at 9:58 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• My daughter started teething around the same time. I tried everything people told me and it didn't seem like anything worked. I tried teething rings,oragel, tylenol, hyland's teething tablets, frozen fruit(she liked tthat the best). When she turned 6 months I was able to give her motrin which I still do on occasion(she is now 9 months). It seems like it gives her temporary relief. Some people swear by the hyland( or humphrey's) teething tablets. I found them at CVS or Walgreens. Just see what works for her and stick with it. All babies are different so you never know what will help her. My daughter didn't get teeth until she was 7 months old but the doc said at 2 months she was already teething.So it may be several months until you see any. Good luck!
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 10:16 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Unfortunately for babies, they usually start teething long before we see anything poking through, and that is the most painful part of the process :( poor things! I've used hyland's teething tablets with both my kids and they worked great, although I know mom's who've tried them and said they didn't work - it's worth a shot! We used the teething tablets during the day and a 1/2 dose of tylenol before bed during the worst part of the teething - that with frozen dish rags and teething rings. I personally stayed away from the orajel (I've used it on myself and almost bit my tongue off because it numbed more than just where I put it), but that's also an option.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 10:58 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• babies seem to teeth forever. It can start early but do not be surprised if you do not see a tooth for several more months. Hands in mouth is also very normal at that age. Just keep her comfortable the best you can. Good Luck!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:59 PM on Oct. 19, 2009