No job, no money, I feel useless.

I have been cleaning houses for 6 years, since the recession I havent been working so much. I had to move in with my mon with my 2 kid. My only income is 48.00 a week for childsupport. My mother lost her job of 12 years 2 weeks ago. I dont know what to do.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• Can you apply for assistance?
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 9:52 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• look online for job affairs near you.. anything can help so attend the job affair and they will get u a job asap and file for food stamps, and medicare
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 9:52 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I can for food stamps and medicaid.
    Anonymous

• I have no college education.
    Anonymous

• DONT GIVE UP SWEETY ! ! KEEP LOOKING FOR A JOBE , U CAN DO IT ! ! U MAY NOT WANT TO BUT U MAY GO GET ON FOOD STAMPS AND OTHER STUFF . IT HELP U AND YOUR KIDS ! YOUR NOT USELESS ! ! YOUR A GOOD MOM AND KEEP A SMILL ON YOUR FACE AND U GOT TO DO WHAT U NEED TO DO FOR THOSE KIDS ! ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    lightbulbe

Answer by lightbulbe at 9:56 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• You keep a roof over your heads and food in their bellies. Get as much government assistance as you can. As long as you are a good loving mother you will raise good kids. Have you tried doing housekeeping at hotels? You can often find a lot of openings, all dayshift hours, and a group of women in the same boat as you!
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 10:19 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Nothing wrong in cleaning houses. Be the one on out there. Check out school districts employment boards.   At times they are looking for cross guards; play ground monitors those jobs don't require college education just a clean record. Check out library aids also. Medical clinics for keeping medical records in order.  Keep looking.  Temp agencies also. 

Anonymous

• What state do you live in? If you're lucky, and if you like to bake, you can sell baked goods like cookies, pies, cakes from your home. Most successful home bakers fly under the radar. I'm one of them. I'm not wealthy from it, but it pays the bills. Good luck to you, Hon!
    Anonymous

• I'm very sorry. Times are tough for many people right now. It's pretty hard to find a job right now. I hope you find something soon. Hang in there. Things happen for a reason. Don't feel useless, you have 2 children. There is nothing greater than being a MOM!

Everything is Possble When you Have Faith!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 11:46 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• You probably qualify for some type of aid. You can start taking classes at a community college, and pick up some marketable skills; I would start with Microsoft Office certification classes (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and bookkeeping. You can get scholarship information here: www.fastweb.com , and at the school's financial aid office.

Good luck, move forward!!

Answer by rkoloms at 6:38 AM on Oct. 20, 2009