Umm...I think I just lost my mucus plug...HELP

okay so if you have read my other posts I have been complaining about cramping and i went pee a minute ago and Im pretty sure all or some of my mucus plug came out

Im so worried. I cant even find my damn phone right now to call anyone
Im like crying now...no ones home...I live on the outskirts of my city

this is my first pregnancy and Im so scared that this is labor...with the crampiong and all

advice please!!!

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 9:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well glad i at least made you laugh :-p
    dont worry, baby wont care if you dont shampoo the carpet.
    and you know what if baby wants to come now, well 37 weeks is considered full term. so baby's lungs are in good shape at this point.
    if cramps go away when you lay down, or put your feet up, then its not gonna send you to the delivery room yet.
    but may i suggest finding those keys haha......you might need 'em sometime in the next month lol
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:06 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• how many weeks are u and i can help?????
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 9:51 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• 37 weeks. :(
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 9:52 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• ok dear calm down....even when you lost all your mucus plug, labor can be a couple weeks away. now, the cramping, has it gotten worse? if not then you again still have time. when you feel the cramps, time then, if they're erratic, its not time. there's some things to check off, and get you to catch your breath a lil......i promise, you'd know if you were in active later, which is what gets that baby here. so count to ten....ready.......1....2....3...4...5...6......7....8.....9.......10.......yay!
    feel a lil better i hope?
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 9:53 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• lol AmandaN1

I feel better and they are comming and going and someone was saying to me that it doesnt always start out very painful which again is freaking me out because Im not ready to have this baby yet
    1. im only 37weeks
    2.i havent shampooed the carpets or cleaned out the car
    3. I was hoping for another month to relax
    4. I dont want to have contractions yet...LOL
    5.I dont know where I put my car keys or my phone but I know they are together somewhere...which may be a sign that nothings happening

So hopefully they're not real contractions. I will try and time them as much as I can and then I will let you guys know. Oh and yes they get stronger when come, like each time is worse than the last, but I know, w/o timing, that they are pretty far apart right now
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I think you are making yourself crazy! Loss of mucus plug is normal, and it will probably happen again in the next few weeks. Period feeling cramps are normal at 37weeks. When you really go into labor,yoo will look back on this and think oh yeah that's what they were talking about. Trust me 90 percent of us knew when it was time! Trust mw you will KNOW. The contactions will hurt,squeeze hard and last longer than just a cramp here and there. They'll get regular too. Go to sleep! If it's the real thing you'll wake up! Rest hun!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:01 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• It's not a sign that you ARE in labor. It's a sign that your body works.
    It is working on labor... eventually.
    Those cramps + plug might mean that labor *could* be on it's way. Which can be tomorrow, or 5 weeks, or.... tonight.
    Try not to freak out too much. ;-)
    Can you call someone to help you to feel a real-life connection? Who is around you?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:07 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Drink a LOT!!! of water, asap.
    Rest.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:09 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• LOL cute!(not sarcastic) She wants to shampoo the carpets! Oh man! You are bringing back memories! Go get some rest!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:10 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Im taking the sign that my phone and keys are both no where to be found...as a sign of. i need to stop freaking out

the cramping has gone down to a dull ache so im not going to stress anymore. my hubby should be here soon so until then im just gonna hope the cramps go away.

Thanks ladies
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:10 PM on Oct. 19, 2009