swelling?

i have noticed over the past few days that more and more parts of my body are becoming swollen! first it was my fingers, then my toes and now my ankle! my left ankle seems normal, but the right is way swollen, but with no pain. i am 36 weeks. any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You are retaining water. You may want to call and check with your doctor.. The advice they gave me was drink water.. yeah I know confusing.. but it can be harmful to baby.. could also be pre eclampsia.. GOOD LUCK mama!!!
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 10:02 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• It could possibly be preeclampsia, but I doubt it. Towards the end I was so swollen it was insane and I was totally healthy. I had him a little over 3 weeks ago and I've already lost 40 lbs, and I gained 50 total. That's how much water I retained, lol.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 11:09 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• i have the same , its called enemia in yr feet, if you have it in your hands fingers you may have carpel tunnel syndrom i also have this and im only 21 weeks lol it you have swelling in the face it coule be pre eclampsia the only way to find out is to have your blood preasure cheackd if this is to high then it is pre eclampsia its common in l8 preg good luck xx
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 8:44 AM on Oct. 20, 2009