Lost of trust and i'm hurting BUT i had to move on~~ how to let go of the pain

I LEFT MY S/O OF TWO YEARS. I MET THIS GUY 2 YEAR AGO AND I THOUGHT HE WAS MY GIFT FROM GOD~ EVERYTHING I PRAYED FOR WAS HIM. THEN ONE DAY i STARTED FINDING OUT ALOT OF LIES, STARTING WITH WHERE HE STAY, A BABY ON THE WAY, GIRLFRIEND , NEVER HAD A CAR AND SO ON SO ON . BUT I FORGAVE HIM BECAUSE BECAUSE HE PROMISE TO BE WITH NO ONE BUT ME BUT THE LIES STARTED AGAIN NOT JUST WITH/ ABOUT OTHER GIRLS HE WAS SLEEPING WITH BUT TALKING TO THEM ON LINE. WELL I CAN GO ON AND ON BUT I DON'T WANT TO BORED YOU. TO MAKE A VERY LONG STORY SHORT I FORGAVE HIM AND MOVE OUT OF TOWN WITH HIM TO HIS HOME TOWN HOPING THING WELL GET BETTER FOR US AND THEN HE DID START ACTING RIGHT ( I THOUGHT ) BUT I FOUND OUT HE WAS STILL TALKING TO OTHER LADIES ON LINE. SO I JUST COULD DO IT ANY MORE AND ME AND MY KIDS MOVED BACK TO OUR HOME TOWN . WE HAVE A BABY TOGETHER AND I WAS TRYING TO HOLD ON FOR HIM BUT I GOT TIRED. I HATE KEEP STARING OVER

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm sorry for you. But, this guy is a bum. He's being incredibly disrespectful and it sounds like he's clearly NOT ready to settle down and be the kind of man you're looking for. He's exhibited every behavior to the contrary. I know it hurts a lot. Take comfort knowing you did the right thing by leaving and take it one day at a time. It takes time to heal from these breakups but don't get two steps ahead and then three backwards by contacting him/following up on him, etc. Boot him from your life as cleanly as possible except when he sees your kid. Someone better will be waiting but not until you are well over this guy and happy on your own.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:03 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. I've done it too...but my husband never had so many lies. starting over does suck...but you can't stay with a man like that. One thing about lies...you always have to lie to cover up the other lie. Be thankful that you left...would you really want your kids raised by a man like that? God will send you a man...just don't jump to fast. It takes awhile for people to show them true selves.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 11:09 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I know it hurts and I am so sorry you had to meet someone like that. You gave him a second chance after he messed up the first time but obviously it's over. Spend some time (not a lot) to cry it out and get all your anger out. Then after that no more crying. No need to continue to feel sorry for yourself. You have kids that need a strong mommy to be there for them. Take this time to figure out how you can improve your life for you and your kids (not saying your life isn't great but we always have room for improvement). After a while you won't give two shits about him. but never forget so that you will know a dog the next time you meet one! Good luck.
    DaGoodLife

Answer by DaGoodLife at 12:09 AM on Oct. 20, 2009