when did your baby's soft spot close, and how large was it till it did?

my 7 month old still has a pretty large soft spot and the dr keeps telling me its ok, but what about mom's instsincts ya know?

Asked by krickettgoddess at 5:29 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter a had huge one I think it took a year or forever to close! I hated it, always freaked me out. My son barely had one and was only there a few months.

Answer by EImommy at 5:35 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• My daughter is 13 months now and I want to say that her soft spot didn't close up until she was about 10 months. It should get smaller over time. If it doesn't start to shrink in the next couple of months I might go back to the doctor, but for now I think it should be fine.

Answer by DevinAnnesmom at 5:35 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• They pretty much close at different stages my last baby didnt have a soft spot.It was so weird I looked for it and it wasnt there.Maybe thats why it burned when I felt the pressure down there.He was a pretty big baby.9lbs

•,,3q4n,00.html good luck!!

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 5:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2008