My toddlers urine smells really strong...

He's one and he takes about 4 to 6 sippy cups a day (1 milk, 1 orange juice, 1 water- the rest are all half water half juice of any kind but mostly Juicy Juice). I don't know if its due to a UTI or not. How can you tell if a boy has one? I've been giving him only water and his one cup of milk the past three days but it doesn't seem to be helping any. We have a doctors appointment tomorrow that I will most likely bring it up at but I wanted to see if anyone had any input.

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 10:30 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 4 to 6 cups of water should very well be enough water for a 1 year old . I guess I don't know about the UTI? good question.. that would be my first thought too if it was all day like that . Is he complaining? or crying or more irritable than normal?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:38 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• he isnt getting enough water... but they can also test his urine for a UTI, see if he can pee in a cup in morning and bring that sample to the doctors bc he is little young to just go pee but GL
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 10:33 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I would say that he's probably not getting enough water, but it sounds like he's getting plenty. Just wait and ask doc tomorrow.
    mammacjjc85

Answer by mammacjjc85 at 10:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I thought he wasnt getting enough water too which is why thats all he's been getting for the last few days but the smell is still strong. He cant talk just yet but he pulls his diaper off (dunno if means something or if hes just being a kid) and he wants to hold my hand all the time.
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 10:45 PM on Oct. 19, 2009