All he does is eat...

My kid is 2 months old and looks like hes 5 months old. He has ALWAYS wanted to just sit up and look around- straight up too, not proped up. And he's been holding his head since he turned 2 weeks old. Ever since he was born he wants to eat basicly every hour and a half. I know newborns eat every two to three hours (he's bottle fed so I am basing that off what I have read) but at one month I put rice cereal in his bottles to spread out his feedings- that worked for like two weeks...He's just ALWAYS hungry. Is normal? or should I ask his doctor about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no rice, it's not good. My daughter would eat all the time if I let her, I figured out she just sucks because it comforts her, so I give her a paci (I'm not breastfeeding... don't do it if you are). I have a routine of changing her diaper, holding her, talking to her, rubbing and patting her back and if she still wants to suck I give her a paci... if she is hungry she spits it right out. But I almost ALWAYS know if she is hungry or not... this is just for cases when I can't figure it out.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 11:29 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• you can up the rice cereal a couple of times a week instead of once a month.. you should ask the doctor you prob can call the local doctor u go to and ask instead of going in
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 10:39 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I personally don't agree with putting the rice in the bottle, just because that's what I have taught not to do since my oldest (who's 5). But if he is eating that much, you can try putting him on baby food for dinner and mix that with the rice? I would only start him on the applesauce for the first week so that his stomach doesn't go haywire, but I prefer doing that so that you get some sleep at night. And I think it's only a month early anyway?
    mammacjjc85

Answer by mammacjjc85 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I didn't start his older brother on baby foods until he was 6 months old...Isnt two months a lil early?
    Anonymous

• It would be worth discussing it with his doctor just for your peace of mind.

Answer by Bmat at 10:49 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• 2 months is WAY too early anything but breastmilk and formula!!!! I would talk to your doctor - there may be something going on that's making him that hungry all of the time. And using cereal in their bottles doesn't actually help - it confuses their bodies into thinking they need more calories than they do, and a vicious cycle ensues. Not to mention that rice cereal has almost zero nutritional value, so it's empty calories at that. Talk to your doctor.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 10:53 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• and yes, mention this to the doc.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 11:30 AM on Oct. 20, 2009