He sneaks into bed with me...

I had my son last year and we were living in an old old old house with no heat or air so for the first 4 months of his life he did sleep on his own, but then it to be so cold we put him in our bed with us...where he stayed until he turned one. Then I had his baby brother and refused to let anyone in my bed but my hubby. So I moved his toddler bed into our room and started making him sleep in it. His Daddy has been out of town for work for over a month now and so he's real clingy to me. He's been doing really good at falling asleep in his bed and staying there until like two nights ago...his bed is still by mine- and hes learned to climb into my bed. So once or twice a night I have to kick him out. Should I go ahead and move the toddler bed into the boys room?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you move his bed into his bedroom, he may just make the trip down the hall. I LOVE co-sleeping and it works awesome for us, but I had a baby and had to kick my toddler out of the bed since I feel that's dangerous. He did good, because we did it gently. Read a story, he fell asleep and whenever he woke up, we'd take him back to his room. It took about a week (no crying) and he usually sleeps through the night in his bedroom.

I'm not sure if that answers your question, but I do know you should be consistant about whatever you do. Consistency is key to changing habits. Good luck!
    jlry_ldy

Answer by jlry_ldy at 5:57 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I would move him into his own room or you will never get rid of him. We believe that the parents bedroom is for the parents, not the children. The only time ours comes into our room is when we are putting laundry away or whatever, never when we are sleeping. Even night when she is restless and up through the night I either lay on the couuch with her or in the spare bedroom, never in our bedroom, that way she will never get the idea that it is ok to sleep with mommy & daddy. Good luck, I'd do it ASAP, the sooner the better and then stay strict with it.
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 11:23 PM on Oct. 19, 2009