Stressed & Clueless??

So I'm a 1st time mommy..My Daughter is 6 months old..She usually sleeps thru the night..anywhere from 8:30 p.m till 7 or 8 in the morning..but She got her 1st tooth on the 26th of sept. an Her second right behind it on the 12th of Oct. She will not go to sleep until like 12:00 a.m. or later every night 4 the last 2 weeks??don't knw what happened.She fall asleep nursing.then when I take her 2 bed she screams until I pick Her back Up??The teeth r both thru the gum..could they still be hurting Her that bad??Don't want to give tylenol or orajel everynight..Can U please Help Me??Is this normal??What am I doing wrong??Thank U 4 Caring!!Lost & Clueless Momma!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• she's probably 'off' schedule, still teething, and likes being held by momma..i know there were times it seemed like we gave our ds tylenol/teething tabs/oragel every night. the 'teething' will last for several months. some will hurt more than others. have you tried giving her something chilled to chew/gnaw on? sometimes the cold helps the swelling..sometimes it just aggravates an already stressed baby. but, if she has something to work with, to put in her mouth, it may help ease the teeth. her gums are sore, they're tight; that's why it hurts so much.
    have you tried keeping her awake in the late afternoon hours/early evening, so she will go to sleep at a decent time?
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:55 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• My daughter used to have a lot of stress from teething and I used Hyland's teething tablets. They worked fantastic for us. I, like you, don't like giving tylenol all the time so it was a nice, natural alternative. Also cold wash cloths to chew on helped too.
    She might have gotten used to a new change in routine and might be having trouble getting back to her pre-teething issues sleep schedule. Maybe just try going back to the routine you had before with her to get her to sleep on time again? Did you usually have a set bedtime or does she just fall asleep nursing around that time. Have you tried putting her in bed when she is just drowsy and not fully asleep?
    The tablets will help calm her down and make it easier for her to sleep as well as aid in relieving any pain she still has. Let me know how it goes!
    Ravensong

Answer by Ravensong at 10:55 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I think she just might be scared of you leaving her know. Every kid go's through that. She falls asleep while eating...and she knows the minute the wormth is gone. It will happen for awhile...if thats what it is. Me, I would always give in and let them sleep with me....but it's really hard to get them out of your bed after that. Don't really know what you can do about it, other then deal with it, or let her in your bed. Good luck though
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 11:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Oh man.. I don't envy you right now.. sorry my son had the WORST time teething.. harder than any one I'd ever talk to about teething. i ended up before bed giving him motrin, oragel and teethign tablets before bed because I knew if I didn't he'd be up in an hour IF he even fell asleep in the first place...he's now starting the 2 yr molars and waking up screaming at midnight and 4am all over again...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:02 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Thanks 4 all Ur Advice!!its certainly Helps alot!My Husband is working long hours..an My Mother-in_law lives out of town!!I Give So Much Luv 2 U Single Mothers!!Ur Stroong Woman!!She fell asleep about 20 mins after I laid Her down the second time!!its just getting hard..No time 2 even fold laundry!!Hopefully She work back into her old schedule!!I'm trying my hardest not 2 let Her in My Bed!! Wish Me Luck!!
    Coley138

Answer by Coley138 at 11:22 PM on Oct. 19, 2009