• In the Spotlight:

What to do for a stroller?

I will be haiving 3 kids in february. a newborn, a one year old and a three year old. we don't have much money, so my mom suggested that i get two more umbrella strollers already have one... but she thinks i could get the single ones and either tiethem together or duck tape them. i know i cant put the newborn in it till it can sit up...but should i only buy one since the toddler can walk? but she said he'd get tired sometimes. if i di this what is the best way to attatch them so that they can still fold? i have a very small car..and it is easier to deal with the umbrella strollers than the bigger ones. also where could i get some of the accessories for those kind of strollers?

sunnymamma86

Asked by sunnymamma86 at 10:45 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• Hmm. I know they have this little standing board thing you can attach to the bigger ones so your older one will have a place to stand and ride when he gets tired. I'll see if I can find anything like that for the umbrella strollers.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 10:47 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I would get a sling to carry the baby on your chest, an umbrella stroller for the one year old and a kid leash for the oldest.
    The sling is the best thing I ever bought. I have an older one and then two 18 months apart. The sling is a life saver!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:48 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Get a small double stroller. Or get a sit & ride stroller - it's a regular stroller but has a small area in the back where an older child can stand & ride, and also has a small seat where they can sit. Wear the baby, and when he/she is old enough, use an umbrella for the oldest. Don't try to duct tape 2 strollers together, that's just asking for problems IMO.
    Anonymous

• This is what I was talking about....but there's no way I would pay that much for it. Maybe search around and see if you can find a much cheaper one. Maybe check on craigslist. That's where I got my double stroller. Here's the link:

http://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=14975659
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 10:50 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Craiglist hun
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 11:32 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• You can buy stroller connectors. Probably much more effective than duct tape. :0)

http://www.amazon.com/Prince-Lionheart-6550-Stroller-Connectors/dp/B000056J23
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 1:13 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I would look at a sling for the newborn, that way you only need the stroller for the older two. I would do a sit and stand or something simlar GL
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:46 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• A sling or front carrier for the newborn, and a stroller for the toddler. You can get a sit and stand, so the oldest has a place to rest. My kids never went in the stroller past 2.5, unless we were in an airport or on a power walk. But then again, my kids are freaks.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:11 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I got my double stroller at a second hand store, brand new, for $35. Check around you might be able to find something cheap. Then get a front carrier and use it until baby is bigger and the oldest is walking more. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Dont get another stroller, get a sling or other type of carrier for the newborn. the toddler can sit in the stroller. I have a baby and a two year old, the toddler hasn't used a stroller since he was 18 months old or so and i use a mei tai for the baby.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 2:02 PM on Oct. 20, 2009