Have you started Christmas Shopping

Miss.Kristin

Asked by Miss.Kristin at 11:03 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No, i should though lol
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 11:04 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Yes i have hopefully I will be done before thanksgiving!
    raurismomma07

Answer by raurismomma07 at 11:08 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• This is always a busy time of year for me as far as shopping goes. I have to start early because I not only have the Christmas shopping to do but my boys have birthdays in Nov., Jan., and Feb. And with other friends and family, I have 8 birthdays to shop for between Oct., and Jan. So if I don't start in Sept. There is no way I could get it all done in time.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 11:22 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Yes, I'm about 80% done for my kids. I get them done nice and early and wait until later in the season for other family members.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 11:29 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• yep! i only have one kid so ive just started buying one toy every payday. my family doesnt exchange gifts to everyone, we just do a secret santa deal. i havent gotten started on in-law shopping tho...thats boring haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:29 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• yes..all for my ds, of course. i don't buy much for the outer-family..usually just give $ to the neices/nephews. we always by something for our parents, though. i'd say i'm about 50% finished with everything.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:11 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I shop at sales throughout the year. I'll also grab sales items of things my child might like when he's older. I bought a $50 telescope 2 years ago for $5. My son's getting it this year, and thankfully he's into constellations now! If you have storage space and few extra dollars each month, I think it's definitely worth the habit of buying in advance/throughout the year. The downside is that these items are usually not returnable, so buying more generic items is better. You can use them as birthday gifts for other people if your child/family shows no interest. I usually buy more expensive or specifically-stated things closer to Christmas.
    kitkabob

Answer by kitkabob at 8:56 AM on Oct. 20, 2009