Is there anything in the bible that speaks about doubting or questioning God?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i cant name them but.... yes. One says, "Only a fool says there is no God."
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:07 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I'm not sure but I've been doing alot of that in the past 3 years because I don't understand what I was taught vs the truth. It's all interpretation/opinion to me. It's hard for me to go to church because of the things that go on outside the sanctuary/synagogue.  I believe in God but I question what I was/am taught. 

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 11:11 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• I don't know them...but everyone tells me that God wants you to question. In the end, you just have to have faith...its really hard for me, I question ALOT! But I always say that I'm sorry, cause deep down inside I know the truth.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 11:13 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Read Job. He totally expresses his feelings to God about God.
    Anonymous

• Yes one of Jesus disciples I always called him doubting Thomas.. Red matthew and it will tell you all about it .. God bless
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 12:31 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Not all doubt is bad. Exercising some doubt, or suspending belief, can be a real protection because, as the apostle John says, "many deceivers have gone forth into the world." 2John 7. At times, you need to suspend acceptance of something till you are sure of the facts. God’s Word warns against ‘putting faith in every word.’ (Proverbs 14:15) The apostle John also warns Christians against blind belief. "Do not believe every inspired expression," he writes. Rather, "test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God." [are solidly Bible based] (1John 4:1).
    AmourDeMere

Answer by AmourDeMere at 9:00 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• A simple man believes anything, but a prudent man gives thought to his steps~ Proverbs 14:15

Even the Bible says to think things through before believing them, that blind faith is foolish. And if you're confused Blind Faith is when you haven't questioned anything and believe simply because you were told/taught/expected to.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:36 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• yes read the book of Job - he questions and doubts God a lot. Job goes through many trials but in the end realizes GOd puts us through hard times to build our character and increase our faith.
    New2Florida

Answer by New2Florida at 12:53 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I believe it was Joshua who also had his doubts. He asked God to make the fleece dry and the ground wet. It happened. Then he switched it and asked him to make the fleese wet and the ground dry. That happened.

Moses wasn't sure when God showed up as a burning bush. Send someone else. I stutter, etc.

Doubting Thomas - Unless I see & touch the wounds in his hands and feet.

Job and all of his misery. I believe it was Martha who laughed when told she would give birth at her age because she doubted.

I don't think God minds if you doubt or question him. Instead I think it is a matter of do you take action even in the mist of your doubt and questioning or do you sit and do nothing.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 1:12 PM on Oct. 20, 2009