how do u keep from arguing with a new relationship

ive been dating this guy for almost a month an we had a bad night we were both sarcastic towards each other tonight and it turned into a fight because he was being an ass tonight n went to far and i dnt want to fight with him and i dnt want to lose him so i need advise on how to stay calm

angelnina8715

Asked by angelnina8715 at 11:36 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• Lol every relationship is going to have it's ups and downs. To think that arguments can be avoided is naive. I guess when you start to recognize an argument escalating, defuse it by being the bigger person and apologizing.
    DaGoodLife

Answer by DaGoodLife at 12:19 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I agree with DaGoodLife. However, do not apologize for something that you didn't do just to diffuse the argument. That will lead to you apologizing for more and more that you didn't do in possible future arguments. When my fiancee and I fight, we each go to separate rooms and cool down, for how ever long it takes, then when we are both calm, we sit and talk about it. We talk about how we feel, how we can each work to stop it from happening again. No relationship is perfect, everyone is going to fight. But there are ways to try to make it occur less often. Work with him and explain that how you feel. You may be surprised what he has to say.
    Kate53188

Answer by Kate53188 at 1:02 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• try spending a little less time with him. i know that in any relationship i have, whether it be friend or more than friend i need time away for myself. i can't be spending all my time with that one person, it will lead to some serious fights.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:45 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• thanks DaGoodLife and Kate53188 i took both ur advices and at least for this fight we had it worked, we talked about it and had a good night watched a movie
    angelnina8715

Answer by angelnina8715 at 11:43 PM on Oct. 20, 2009