Do you know anything about cutting/or have you been a cutter

I'm in turmoil and have no outlet and have been thinking cutting isn't such a bad idea.....I cannot find any other outlet so too cut is too release the pain I feel.

My bff has a 17 yr old that cuts and she IM'S me and tells me about her problems and is in therapy about her cutting and I was wondering if It is wrong to be 40 and reach out to a 17 yr old about this.

I cannot make it through a day without seriously thinking about this...What stops me is lack of razors and I'm in the woods so it's not like I can just run out and get some.....i have to drive 40 miles to get them....

I just have so much pain, and anger and turmoil and nobody to turn to...nobody is in my life other then my kids....my bff she could give a shit but her 17 yr old would be about it for people to turn too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Oct. 19, 2009 in Health

• I used to cut when i was younger after being raped and abused for years. I always thought it was a good outlet, but have since realized there is no point. It only helps for a short time almost like getting drunk or doing drugs. Except when you cut you have ugly scars that will haunt you later on. I have been there and there are so many other things you can do besides cut yourself. Maybe make more friends or find someone you can talk to. It helped me a lot. If you need to talk you can PM me anytime. I honestly think you wrote this so you can get help. It's a first step in admitting something. Please just think long and hard before you do anything you'll regret. Please talk to me if no one else. I can't stand not being able to help someone if i know maybe i could make a difference. GL and i hope you make the right choice.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:58 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• 1 Peter 5:7.. Cast your cares on HIm for he cares for you, that is right God cares about you, he care about you.. He will take those problems, anxiety, what ever you are feeling, just talk to him, and pray, and allow him to take those hurts, dont know if you know GOd, but he can help you, i am telling u, cause what if you dont know.. GOd loves You, and care about YOu, he really does, he can release those things that troubling you, he can.. I used to be a cutter, sort of, pulled my hair out, and other things to hurt myself, and yes you have scars, but i realzied i wasnot giving it to GOd, he can take those things, and give you peace, rest, and all you need toget though each day, I will pray for you, and know that he cares enough, call 18007590700 , they can pray for you, 700 club, reach out , before you cut... Talk to someone, allwo them to pray for you, etc, there is hope, and peace, there for you, GOD is there for YOu
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I started cutting when I was in Jr. High and cut through high school. When I was in 7th or 8th grade my friends went to a high school counsoler and told her about it, who told my parents and landed me in the psych ward and therapy. I wasn't doing any serious damage, mostly superficial cuts with safety pins (I'd pick away at the skin with the pin until I have a decent cut, even made a heart once). I think I was truly depressed when I started, because there wasn't anything in my life that was that bad, but I just felt sad and it seemed like the best release.

In high school I was also angsty, but I started to get a somewhat real reason to do it. I dated this guy on and off who I was absolutely crazy about. He would lead me on and use me and then leave me, over and over (he ended up getting me pregnant and then leaving me shortly after graduation). I kept cutting with a razor blade, my parents still don't know that. continued.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I have not cut myself since high school, but there are times when I feel overwhelmed and I just long for that release. It's not something I truly understand, I have never known why I feel the need to turn to self mutilation and it's something so private that I have never discussed it with my husband. He knows that I used to cut, he asked once when has saw the scars on my arms, but I've never gone into further detail.

I have turned to digging my nails into my arms when I just need a quick release. It's not nearly so satisfying, but I am trying to lead a normal life and psychiatric care doesn't fit into my five year plan. I would suggest searching for another outlet.

It's a liberating release, but it is fleeting. Getting to the root of the problems is healthier. Of course, all that is easier said than done. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• It's a HORRIBLE idea..dont start doing it! I did it for ten years! Please, dont.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• My very best friend used to do it, well she very well still could do it, I wouldnt know because it has come between us. She went off the deep end one day with it and i tryed to reach out to her and she went off on me and we havent realy talked since. We were friends for 19 years and now we dont talk. She lost a lot of people around her for doing it. I dont live in that frame of mind to see what the point is. I just dont understand how you cant pour your problems on friends and family (that is what we are for) instead of hurting yourself. I know she tried councling and she even was admitted into a few different hospitals for it. and she still did it. I would much rather see you get help than hurt yourself! Please re-think this! It leaves scares and they are prem! Get help! Good luck!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 8:24 AM on Oct. 20, 2009