How close together in age are your children? In your opinion What are the benefits of having children close together?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My girls are 10 years apart. and I have all the same issues that a parent would have at 2 or 5 yrs apart. The fight, they play, they look up to. Only difference is the words and language the older one pass on to the younger one LOL
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 12:09 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• my boys are 25 months apart....the benefits....they are both boys,,,,less clothes to buy...basically the same interests in toys...and theyre boys....i love them...i couldnt handle a girl....no....not another me...id kill a girl....i dont have the patience
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 12:11 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• 31 months (2 1/2 years).
    It is perfect!! :-) It was a little hard early on with tandem-nursing, but worth it! And now they are school-aged and it's so great!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:12 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• i disagree with roxyann in so many ways

My boys are 13 months apart and i would trade it for a 3-5 year gap in a heart beat.

My older brother is 7 years older then me. My older sister is 4 years older then me. And i am 3 years older then my younger brother.

...the fights are different, and are from different things. In this house, it is a MIRACLE if my boys don't fight AT LEAST 3 times in one day. who gets to go first, who gets to have the train, the dinosaur, the elephant. Whose bath night it is, who is gonna finish eating faster, what music are we gonna listen to in the car, whose gonna hold my left hand across the street.
    etc etc.

benefits? ...They are best friends ...what could be better then that?
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:14 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• mine are 14 yrs apart...and its awesome to see big brother so in love with baby...my bro and I were 2 yrs apart and I dont know how we didnt kill each other and how my mom didnt pull all her hair out lol.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:16 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• mine will be 11 months apart there are few benefits the resentment from the older one for feeling neglected is not noticable i guess
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 12:17 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Mine will be 22 months apart i have the baby in Jan.. Do i dont know how it is going to be yet LOL... BUt i wanted them close together so they can grow up around the same age...
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 12:48 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• i only have a 4 month old but i plan on TTC after he turns a year old...i think it would be nice to have my children close in age because 1. i can homeschool them in the same grade, 2. they can share clothes and toys so less buying needs and 3. after our children become adults my hubby and i will have more years of "just us"...my sister is 2 years younger than me and we never found, not even as teenagers PMSing...my brother is 8 years older than me and we fight all the time and always have, i think kids fighting has to do with personalities, not age difference
    Kimra

Answer by Kimra at 12:57 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I have 4 and my first two are 5 years apart, my second and third are 4 years apart, and my third and fourth are 11 months apart. I will NEVER have children close together again. Yes there are some benefits, but the stress and hardships out-weigh the benefits by far. It takes me 30 minutes to do what takes an average person 10. One is always going one way while the other is going the other way and I am only one person. I feel I do a good job maintaining, manage to stay in control, and seem to do really well distributing needed attention between children, but I am exhausted.

EarthMom6

Answer by EarthMom6 at 1:42 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I had my 4 sons in 5 years and 3 1/2 mos. and I wouldn't change it for the world. The older 2 are 16 1/2 mos. apart, the older 2 were 2 1/2 and almost 4 when my 3rd was born and my older 3 were 5, almost 4 and almost 16 mos. old when my youngest was born. They are now 23, almost 22, 19 and almost 18 and all of them are glad to be close in age to their brothers. They are all very close and are best friends. For me I don't know anything else so for me it was easy having them so close together. I wouldn't change a thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Oct. 20, 2009