Still producing milk 3weeks after I stopped breast feeding?

I thought you were suppose to dry up after a few days?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• *giggle* I thought that too. a full year later.... i'm still leaking every now and then. I'm pregnant again, but I still have WHITE milk leaking out. Just don't express it, it'll keep building up again because your body will think that you NEED it.
    Jordanplustwo

Answer by Jordanplustwo at 1:53 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Darn milk :) It took me several months to stop leaking after my daughter weaned herself - everyone is different, and every body reacts differently.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 2:07 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Milk can be there for a year after weaning. Not days. it's a common misconception. Unless you're taking large doses of estrogen, you won't dry up in a day or two.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:24 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• 2 years and counting for me....still haven't dried up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Your body produces milk because even it knows that is what baby is suppose to receive. As others have noted it can take years to dry up. Why not donate that golden juice to an infant that is in true need there are so many out there?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I have not breast fed in over five years, & i can still squeeze milk out of my breasts. It's totally normal....

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:48 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• If you are trying to dry up you can put cabage leaves in you bra. I dk why but this is supposed to help. It took me like 2 months or so to dry up after my first 3, I'm still nursing number 4.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 10:59 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I could squeeze out a few drops more than a year later.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:59 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Nope. Prepare for weeks to a year.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:53 PM on Oct. 20, 2009