Does sex hurt for the first time after giving birth? (waiting the 6 weeks)

Maya09

Asked by Maya09 at 1:47 AM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Didn't hurt for DH and me, and we only waited about four weeks. But I didn't tear at all, so I had nothing that needed to heal, really.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 1:50 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I was cut and had to be stitched inside and out!
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 1:53 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Well then...I have no idea but I would definitely wait the full six weeks and I would guess that it'll be a little tender...just take it slow!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 1:55 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I didn't tear and only waited 4 weeks. It didn't hurt at all. I was so scared though. I felt like a virgin again, like being nervous and not knowing what to expect. LOL
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 2:38 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• since you tore inside and out, I would def take things slow lol I didnt tear but I also had to wait 4 months because my Dh was deployed, so I cant help you there. My sister did tear and she only waited about 4 weeks and said all was good.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:41 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Hmm I suppose really hurt isnt the answer you want !!! Take it gently !!!

i was a bit of a mess, and so affter 6 weeks or so I dont think it was enough time to heal properly. It was disastrous, the dh felt really rejected and sulked, I was upset , -- and all the whole iit was a bit of a nightmare !!!

Dont say that to try and make you worry, more to encourage you to talk it through with the dh prior to attempting it, and both prepare mentally for the fact it perhaps isnt going to go great. And agree before hand whats going to happen if it does hurt.

Hope you are worrying baout nothing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:56 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• YES. OUCH!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:31 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• not really - i did when my baby was 2 weeks old both times
    i plan to again after this baby lol

have him be easy and u will be fine
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 8:10 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Depends on your birth. After my first baby, we waited three and a half months to try to have sex. I had gotten a ton of stitches and sex hurt so badly we didn't try it again for another month and a half. Even then, it wasn't really comfortable for me to have sex until my son was about a year old. I didn't have any tears or stitches with my second baby, and we went ahead and had sex after 6 weeks with no pain at all.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:25 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Hurt for me for a while. But I tore in three places...
    seraphinalynn

Answer by seraphinalynn at 4:14 AM on Oct. 22, 2009