How much do you get in cash aid? What's the average?

I have 2 kids and just myself. How much do you think I can get in cash aid. I'm having a very tough time right now.

dennysgirl07

Asked by dennysgirl07 at 2:09 AM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• Okay, I really have to say that all these people who are babbling about "get a job" and all that...come on. The assistance programs were put there for a reason, and if you don't like it, move to another country. Did she SAY she isn't LOOKING for a job. Anybody ever heard of a little something called the recession? Jobs are not easy come right now and if she needs a hand until she finds something or her husband finds something better, who are you to judge? Know the whole story before you make your snide remarks. If she is STILL on it in a couple of years and popping out more kids, then you can complain. (And before I get a "another welfare mom" bash, I am not on any government assistance. I pay my own bills, and I even supplied my daughter with formula and babyfood all by my lonesome with no help from WIC). Hope and pray that none of you are ever in a bad situation and need a helping hand. Sheesh.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• depends, i know i get 350 a month for just me, when i have a child it will be 576- so you might be able to get around 650 a month with two kids? check your local welfare website
    '
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:41 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• How about finding employment? I just can't keep supporting everyone, ya know?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:34 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• It varies based on where you live and how much income you have. You will need to contact your state and make an appointment. Good luck

Answer by rkoloms at 6:35 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Depends on your state. I know In my state you dont get any cash aid..... They will help you find a job and give you food stamps and help with your bills but they dont HAND you cash.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:51 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• well I was a single mom of one and WORKED and didn't qualify.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:47 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• nothing at all.
    savannahnhi

Answer by savannahnhi at 7:58 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I dunno, I have never gotten cash aid. Do you work?
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 8:06 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Does my husband's paycheck count since I am a SAHM??? LOL Other than his paycheck, nothing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Why should you get Cash Aid? Just go get a frickin job! I don't understand this bull crap. I will do my best in the future to see that all this FREE money crap gets stopped. People should have to earn money, not be given it...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Oct. 20, 2009