How do you feel about your MIL?

My MIL is coming to visit tomorrow (the 20th!) Yay! I love my MIL so much, she's such a great person and we get along better than I get along with my own mother. I think my mom is actually jealous of my MIL, lol. So how do you all feel about your mothers-in-law?

SarahLeeMorgan

Asked by SarahLeeMorgan at 2:26 AM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't have any real issues with her at all. She is my DD grandmother and i wish she did come around more offten she lives an hour from us and my parents live 2 1/2 hours and my parents come down to see us at least once a month and she comes down whenever.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:44 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I love my MIL. The day that woman dies will be as hard as losing my own mother.
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 3:24 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I love my mil :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:37 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I have mixed feelings about my MIL. She wasnt the best parent to my Dh and when I hear stories about how she would leave him with his aunt or grandmother for days (once leaving him with her ex) while she went on binges really made me hate her. one day my Dh took me on a tour of all the houses he used to live in and he would show me some pretty terrible places and then say "it looks better now then when we lived here" it made me so sad and mad. I only lived in three homes growing up, but he lived in dozens. But she is finally clean and has a steady job and home, so I am feeling better about her these days.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:45 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Love her to bits !!!! , and its mutually, !!! I think she likes me more than my own mother does !!!, At least she is not as critical and demoralising, although I'm not sure that own mom reconises just how negative and deflating she really is.
    zanzeebeel

Answer by zanzeebeel at 5:46 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• She's a great woman who has done a LOT to help myself and DD. Couldn't ask for a better one :)
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 6:58 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I wished she lived closer; we're lobbying for them to move to our side of town (SIL is here too)!
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 7:22 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• My husband dad took the boys away from their birth mom. when they were youngHe saw her one time after the divorce. But hubbby said she was nothing but pure trash. He said that if she was still alive she would not be allowed in his or the kids life at all. Like I would ever let that happen anyways. Then his dad married to step mom (step mother in law) #1 she is a very nice and loving lady. we all love her. He force to them to call her mom. my thing is that you should never be made to call a stepmom mom. Step mom (smil) #2 i never met her. but her neice and nephew asked them to call their aunt mom. I think those kids should kept their nosies in their own yard. Step mom #3(smil) She he so judgemental.it seems like she always have some rude comment to make. I guess she is my husband dad made all over. she make chrstians look bad.
    BOOGIETHEBOOG

Answer by BOOGIETHEBOOG at 7:26 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• My MIL is not my favorite person.. She has done horrible things to my hubby.. Also she has treated our children her grandchildren awful.. She was never friendly to me either.. My husband decided to cut ties with his family over a year ago.. The issues from his past with them haunted him and made him miserable(physical and mental abuse, homeless, feelin like he was treated as a slave and so on.)..He has been much happier without her in his life and i am happy he is finally happy:)..
    TonyaakaMomof5

Answer by TonyaakaMomof5 at 7:45 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• If she died today, the world would be a better place. She's crazy-psycho and abusive to her kids...that's why we don't associate with her & she's never seen our baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Oct. 20, 2009