miscarriage on sept 11 no period yet could I be pg again or something else?

I didn't go to the dr after I lost the baby dh and I don't use bc I won't take a test because it wouldn't be accurate this soon after a miscarriage. If I am not pg what else could it be that is stopping my period?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 AM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• After my second miscarriage, it took 6 weeks for my period to start. You have to count from when you stopped bleeding with the miscarriage. Every situation is different...your doctor will be able to take a blood test and tell you what is going on.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:02 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• So what your telling us is that you BELIEVED you had a MC and you never went to the doctors and know you haven't gotten your period and you will not take a test cause you think it's to early to show up. You need to go see a doctor if your not willing to help yourself and going to the doctors then i don't know what else you want from us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Actually it has been more then a month ago since u lost the baby so therefore your HCG level should have went back down to 0 and depending on how far along you was when you lost the baby could take a bit to get it back or you could be preg..just take a test dont be scared. I lost my 1st baby June 01 got preg again Aug 01 lost that baby Oct 01 and got preg again Dec of 01 and carried that baby to 37weeks and 5 days and had her Sept 2002
    angelluvgoddess

Answer by angelluvgoddess at 3:25 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Miscarriage is natures way of aborting the baby. My gf had an actual abortion and her dr told her that it could be months before an actual period or even just a normal one. Id make an appt to be safe.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:49 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I started my period exactly a month after my m/c. My m/c was on April 14th and my period came May 14th. My doctor told me it would take two weeks after my m/c for my levels to be back to normal. I had a check up two weeks after my m/c and they wanted me to take a pregnancy test prior to coming in and make sure it was negative and it was. If I was you I would call your doctor and take a test. Who knows, you might have been pregnant with twins and only lost one of them. You need to go to the doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Make an appt. I had a miscarriage on June 29th, 2003 and I hadn't gotten my period back by the end of August so I went in and had an u/s to make sure everything was ok since I let nature take its course and didn't do a D&C. Well they told me at the u/s that I was almost 8 weeks pregnant. I got pregnant two weeks after my miscarriage.
    rriley

Answer by rriley at 12:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• You need to go to your OB appointment to make sure this isn't an incomplete miscarriage. It could be that your body is refusing to finish passing the tissue from the miscarriage. Which in that case, you'll need to have a D&C. Honestly, you need to make an appointment and be evaluated after a miscarriage. Your body needs to pass the extra tissue and if it doesn't it could cause great harm to you.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:44 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• OP: HI I MADE AN APT TODAY...THANKS TO EVERYBODY THAT HELPED ME...I AM SO NERVOUS AND SCARED RIGHT NOW!!!
    Anonymous

• op again: To the 1st anon poster I WAS pregnant had a positive pregnancy test and ultrasound to show TYVM. If you wanted to be mean and inconsiderate of somebody's feelings maybe you should have answered another question that wasn't so sensitive. It looks like you are obviously pissed off at the world for some reason and you want to make everybody else miserable. Didn't your mother ever teach you, "If you don't have anything nice to say than don't say anything at all". My guess is that you are just an all around mean and hateful person regardless of the morals your mother gave you. FYI I had an apt with my dr. and I couldn't go due to a family emergency. I seemed fine and my life got busy so I didn't make another apt.NOT THAT IT'S ANY OF YOUR BUSINESS
    Anonymous