Regret??

I'm starting to have feelings of regret and I think it might just be me stressing over everything. I love my baby to be and I can't wait for her.
Do other of moms feel this way at times?

Emo_mommy

Asked by Emo_mommy at 4:42 AM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Having a baby is HUGE!!!

Becoming a Mother is probably the biggest event you'll ever go through.
    Before this moment, you were just doing as you please... But now, an extremely dependent little person is going to count on you for life. That would make (does make, lol!) all of us nervous-worried-stressed. Maybe even have regrets.
    That is okay. This is really different than anything you've done before.
    But you are capable and you will go with the flow.
    As your baby grows and changes and matures, so will you.
    We all do.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:20 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• i know i do, im only 3 months but i feel like that often. they say its "baby blues"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:10 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• this is my first and i'm 38w3d with a boy. i did go through some of that during the earlier part of my pregnancy. i began to think that we should have waited a little longer and given my hubby and i more time together alone in our marriage. we'll have our 2nd anniversary around the time our baby is due. but then, one morning i woke up to my hubby's hand on my belly and he was laughing. when asked, he said the baby has kicking his hand and had been for a while. i had been asleep the entire time. there has been no regrets that have gone through my mind since that moment. the pure joy of someone that is going through the same situation but without the hormone problems. you might have those feelings but be assured, you can definitely blame them on the hormones right now! :)
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 5:11 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Its the hormones hun. We all went through it. It will pass I promise.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:06 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• wait till after you have her
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:30 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• With both of my babies I've totally lost it at some point in my pregnancy (to lesser degrees at other times). Each time I thought I must be insane for (the first time) keeping the baby and (the second time) planning another baby. And by totally losing it I mean inconsolably crying on the floor, feeling like the worst person in the world, and totally ready to give up.

Its just hormones.

The feelings are super strong, but they're not "real" and will pass. Its all worth it, even when its crazy like that.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 8:26 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I have totally gone through this and I promise it will pass. And you will be okay even if you feel this way after the baby. I felt this way even a few months after having my son. I totally felt like I had made a huge mistake, but I have not hang in there. I would die without my kids!
    thenewmum

Answer by thenewmum at 11:47 AM on Oct. 20, 2009