For moms in the state of MAINE... will you vote YES or NO on Question 1 on Nov 3?

Just wondering if other moms who live in Maine are going to vote on Nov 3 on Question 1? It's about whether or not gay/lebians should be LEGALLY married in the state of Maine.(If you live in Maine, you know the sides if not I'll fill ya in if not I'm sure someone will..lol)

fireangel0310

Asked by fireangel0310 at 6:44 AM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I hope the residents of maine don't take it upon themselves to deprive a group of tax paying citizens from the many rights of the marriage act because of their gender preference.

Answer by older at 8:10 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• vote against the gay marriage. It is a abomination to God. Don't let these gay crusader's fool you. If it were not against God there would not be this issue. Don't fall prey to what these enabler's of the gay world tell you that it isnt against the creator. VOTE NO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• OP here~ I do plan on Voting YES. I believe marriage is between a MAN and a WOMAN. I also believe that children should not be taught this at such a young age. I do have friends who are gay/lesbian but I still respect them and love them regardless of this new law either way!
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 10:00 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I'm not in ME but I have a few friends who are and they will be voting for gay marriage.

How can you possibly claim to respect and love gay people yet not want them to share basic civil rights? Do your gay friends know that you're against treating them as equals?
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 11:01 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Rhonda, well said! and for anon 9:06, God has nothing to do with giving tax payers their civil rights. The creator is not named in the constitutional rights that EVERYONE deserves! get a clue!

Answer by older at 11:57 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I'm so tired of people using God as a reason to ban gay marriage! What the hell does God have to do with the LAW. Our laws are not based on the Bible. If you want to believe in the Bible and God then go for it but keep you religious beliefs out of politics and shame on you for expecting that everyone should follow YOUR religion and beliefs and shame on you for acting like you know better then everyone else what God wants.

And for those who are really ignorant to this issue, gays can get married in churches all over the U.S. There are plenty that will open their doors to gay couples and marry them, it's the piece of paper making it legal that we want. You go to a courthouse to get that not a church.

newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 12:15 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I believe that the separation of church and state is crucial to our way of life. I would certainly not want to live under sharia, for instance. As a Christian, I have concluded that other people's naked time is not my business.
    Now this war, on the other hand...
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:24 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• If you truely believe in God then you can't vote for that which is an abomination to him. To vote yes says you agree with it. To vote no means that you agree with God. A true Christian can not vote in a way that is contrary to their belief. Those who say it's a seperation of church and state want you to have a seperation of what you believe and what they want. That to vote different them is denying them their rights. But what about the right to vote what you believe your God would have you do? It's not the popular thing to do but it is the right thing to do. Vote what you believe will please your God. He will not accept that you put a human's rights ahead of him.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 1:03 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Well said, Baconbits.
    Anonymous

• Vote what you believe will please your God. He will not accept that you put a human's rights ahead of him.

It's stated specifically in the Bible that relations between the same sex is WRONG! That sentence you just spewed is a total lie. If it's wrong, it's wrong. Why would God think it was okay if He says it's wrong? You people are so dumb sometimes, do you even read what you write?!?!!?

Anonymous