Was your c section bad?

I had a c section almost a month ago, and I don't know if I just got lucky, or what, but it was a piece of CAKE. I hardly felt any pain, including the surgery and the healing, my scar is nothing, and my baby is completely healthy. I had heard so many horror stories that I was TERRIFIED, and it was so nothing! Did I just have a really lucky and good experience? Maybe I just had a great Dr. How was your c section?

StefanieN84

Asked by StefanieN84 at 9:18 AM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have had three c-sections. The first one was a little rough only because I had been in labor FOREVER before the surgery. The last two were nothing. The only thing that hurt with the last one was when the nurse was trying to put my IV in.
    boonie594

Answer by boonie594 at 10:58 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I had 3 c-sections, and 3 healthy girls. The only one that I had problems with was my 2nd one, due to an incompetent Anesthesiologist. He tried to inject my spinal over 12 times and couldn't get it. Finally he told the doctor that there "should" be enough in me. Well, there wasn't. I did not feel the incision itself, but I felt EVERYTHING else. I could feel the doctor and nurses hands inside of me, pushing on me, pulling her out. It was awful!!! I had an awesome Dr. though who did get the Anesthesiologist fired.
    scrapbookmylife

Answer by scrapbookmylife at 9:26 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• My babies are fine from mine, but I had a tough time healing. My first c-section was an absolute nightmare, but I don't want to scare ladies by describing it. Just know that the dr that did that delivery was fired weeks later.

I hate c-sections. For me the recovery is horrible. I'm pregnant again and will have my 3rd this December and I dread it. I would much rather have a vaginal delivery where I can come home and enjoy my baby instead of healing from major surgery.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:32 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I had 2 c sections and both were pretty easy to recover from. No big deal really and I have two healthy kids from them. My youngest is three now and unless you know it is there you can't tell I have a scar at all.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 9:33 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Compared to my vaginal birth, my Csections were a piece of cake, too. More painful recovery... and sporting the sexy "overhang" from them...but still.....
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 9:44 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• If you hardly felt any pain then yeah you got lucky. Mine were probably typical in that I had pain for the first several days, but no real medical complications. The 3 hour labor (breech) was much easier than the 18 hour labor with 10 hours of pitocin. If you had a scheduled c-section that was probably a big help in your recovery. Statically speaking VBAC is safer than just signing up for another c-section, but that doesn't guarantee individual experiences.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I wouldnt call mine easy because it was surgery, but the recovery and pain was tolerable. I had healthy babies. The only thing I had years later (5 years now) is my stomach being numb from the bellybutton down and the pouch.
    shymom24

Answer by shymom24 at 9:54 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I felt my entire c section. They didn't wait long enough after the epidural to start cutting. I told them I could feel it, they gave me another shot and went ahead. I couldn't get up for two weeks. Breastfeeding was harder and my son hated me for six months after he was born. I will never have another c section again.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 9:59 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• i haven't had a c-section but of the friends i've had, some have had good experiences, others have had bad, including long/hard recovery, and infection in the scar. it's major surgery so there are risks. just like any other surgery, sometimes there can be complications, and sometimes recovery can be harder.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Yeah i had a great experience no problems and a great recovery. healthy boy and everything. until i was 5 months post surgery i got adhesions. right now i am having lots of pain from them and may have to have surgery. i dont know if they are common or not but noone else in my family has had them from c sections. guess im just unlucky
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Oct. 20, 2009