Do you perfer a male gynocologist or a female?

I had a male for years until my last child was born then dh felt I should switch to a female bc it was all about the vagina not being pregnant. He felt that a female can relate more to a woman than a man. (male vs. books - female vs. female).

Stupid me I switched I really liked him though, but the female is ok I guess...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Health

• i've had both. i prefer the woman. but i dont think its just based on the fact that she's a woman. the man was sooo impersonable and i barely saw him. my midwife is a really great woman, she's nice and makes you feel comfortable. so i'll stick with her.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 9:34 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• female
    marli08

Answer by marli08 at 9:46 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I prefer a woman. I'm 8 weeks pregnant now and wanted to switch back to a midwife, but then my hubby found out that my OB can essentially get him into medschool- and he wants that recommendation. So, I'm stuck--- at least for thie pregnancy. I'll be looking for a good female gyno after this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Does not matter to me. A strange person is doing things I do not like. That's how I feel about it.

Answer by louise2 at 9:54 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I don't really care as long as they are respectful and gentle.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 9:55 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Well as far as OBs go, I have always had better luck w/ male drs. The ones I've had have been very gentle and respectful. The women OBs I've seen have been rougher and not quite as sensitive and respectful. I think sometimes in this scenario, men can be gentler because they DON'T have it and can have more of a respect for it, if that makes sense. I don't think women always give one another the respect they should just because they "know how it is". But, I did have an amazing woman MIDWIFE who was way better than ANY OB I've been 2...
    AddyLeigh

Answer by AddyLeigh at 10:23 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I don't have a preference. I used to think "only a woman" but nope. The obgyn that delivered my first son was AWESOME. He's been my gyno ever since. When I had my second child I was so upset---to the point of literally crying--when I found out he couldn't deliver my 2nd son (due to complications had to have a specialist.).
    lissa27504

Answer by lissa27504 at 10:52 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• We see a female family practice doctor

Answer by rkoloms at 10:57 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I much prefer a male dr. The male drs I've had checking me out have been far more gentle then the females. I've also only had one woman checking me out who didn't look like she was doing something distasteful.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 11:13 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I've always had female doctors, it just worked out that way. and amazingly, the one i have for this pregnancy is ROUGH.. omg i felt like she was trying to stab me with the ultrasound wand.
    MHaney1980

Answer by MHaney1980 at 11:44 AM on Oct. 20, 2009