Do you think marijuana should be legalized?

I think this goes without saying but I'll say it anyways... be nice!

bethany_smith

Asked by bethany_smith at 9:54 AM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, I do. I think they should take all of the resources used to stop marijuana production, sales, and usage, and set up a system to tax the heck out of marijuana. Seems like a more effective method to me.

I also think there should be laws protecting the rights of those who don't want smoking to happen around them.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 10:02 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Yes, So it can be taxed. Put it is a store like a liquor store. I think prostitution should be legalized to.

Answer by louise2 at 9:56 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• No way! I take the bus because I don't have a car and I have enough trouble with people just lighting cigarrettes in my son's face! Then people get mad and act like I am the one being rude if I ask them to please not smoke near my son!
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 9:59 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Yep, it would make more sense. Almost everyone does it anyway. Even if they said no smoking it in public. It would still make more sense for it to be legal
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 10:04 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• yes but they need to treat it like regular cigars/cigarettes and alcohol like not in public places and not under the influence while driving. I have never smoked and never will but it seems to me that people should have the right to do what they want in their own homes and the taxes could sure help out our country. Plus, I have yet to see anything saying that marijuana is more damaging than the carcinogens in cigarettes - Both are bad for you but if you want to destroy braincells go right on ahead.
    Angelbluewingsz

Answer by Angelbluewingsz at 10:11 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• NO... JMO.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 10:47 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I do feel as though Marijuana should be legalized, not just for the money that would generate in taxes but for the great breakthroughs that marijuana has shown in modern medical science. Just like any other substance out there you will have people who are going to abuse it, but aren't those the people who are already doing it illegally???? Legalize it to almost a prescription aspect where it is documented and your monthly purchase is some what limited and controlled.
    AmandaJane1078

Answer by AmandaJane1078 at 10:47 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Heck ya, and tax the crap out of it. Calif would not be in so much debt if we did this.
    racefan88

Answer by racefan88 at 11:14 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• HOw can you tax it if people already know how to sell it without the cops knowing it?
    Even if it was legal it would still be sold on teh streets and grown in closets.

Oh and HOW MANY TIMES A WEEK DOES THIS QUESTION HAVE TO BE ASKED???
    I get it 90% of cafemom memebers are pot heads!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• ^^^ Really? I've never seen the question! lol Guess I'm a little behind and nooooo I'm not a pothead! :) I think I've smoked pot twice in my life.
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 11:18 AM on Oct. 20, 2009