Are you this way?

If you are a divorced woman and recieving child support from your ex spouse and he is paying on time.

Would you bug him for more money?

Isn't the child support sufficient?

Or depending on the break up would you hold a grudge and try to make his life miserrable?

Then again there are woman who don't want child support and just take whatever the dad can give. My SIL did this she said bc she felt sorry for him.

Which one are you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't want any money from my ex because I don't want him to think he's in any way a part of our lives.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 9:57 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• *Sigh* This morning seems to be full of step moms that are having issues with child support.

My sister is divorced. She is a single mom and her ex pays child support. He pays $650 a month, so yes when his daughter needs a cheerleader uniform or money for camp, etc. my sister does ask the dad for more.

SaraP1989 is in a different situation because it sounds like her ex isn't involved in their child's life. But my sister's ex lives 1 mile away from her and sees his daughter every day. It is his daughter too. Why should my sister pay 100% of all of the big expenses?

Child support is about the kids. They weren't put first during the decision to divorce, at the very least let fathers financially support their kids without criticism.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I never pursued child support. Because I did not want to have to put up with them in our lives for 18 years. They were more then happy to not pay anyways.

2 dd's= 2 Fathers.

Answer by louise2 at 10:21 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I took the child support, didn't ask for any raises (my son was 2 when we split) He didn't even pay for half of the braces or medical expenses as outlined in our court order. He never paid for anything "extra". In fact, he felt the $350 a month he paid was supporting my younger 2 sons as well!! It just wasn't worth fighting for any more.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:00 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• My ex that I had our oldest with has been paying support since we divorced 8 yrs ago, on time every month, but he hasn't seen him for 8 yrs as well... By his choice.
    Our 2 youngest, his father is always behind but I don't say anything, he see's them on a regular basis, he has a lot of personal problems so I don't bother him about money. If he pays he pays, our boys love him and don't know anything about the money. I don't really need it but I do feel he should contribute some, so if I get some it's better than none... I didn't divorce for child support, I divorced for my safety and sanity.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:03 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I get 5k a month from my ex. I didn't do it out of spite it is what the judge ordered. My ex had no problem paying support until he married the hag he is with now. He is the CEO of a very large company and makes about 6 million a year. So in reality he should be paying me a whole lot more. I have a fabulous job and thankfully don't need him to pay more. I put all 5k into my kids college funds and savings accounts. This infuriates both of them. He hasn't contributed a dime to our kids future so someone has to. I will be getting 10k a month starting next month. He and his half wit wife took me to court to get full custody of the kids and force me to pay support. Not only did he get his visitation cut to one weekend a month supervised he has to pay all school costs, contribute 5k a month to match what I put in the kids funds, all medical costs and he has to pay me an additional 10k. He is the vindictive one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Oct. 20, 2009