Is my dog going to get sick?

My daughter dumped out the rest of the fuity pebbles in my dog's bowl and of course within a second almost all of the fruity pebbles were consumed! lol They're too quick for my 8 month pregnant butt, is my dog going to be okay with all that sugar or should I call the vet?

bethany_smith

Asked by bethany_smith at 9:55 AM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Pets

• If s/he has a sensitive tummy s/he may get diarrhea.  But some dogs can eat anythig and be perfectly fine.  Somebody left an entire pizza in my golden retrievers reach once so of course she helped herself and never got sick.  Just keep an eye on him and if he seems lethargic or his poop is not normal i would take him in to the vet.

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 10:18 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• his poop will be runny and he'll have the runs. Ours ate Count Chocula Cerial once and thats what happened
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 10:01 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• No need to call the vet. Sugar isn't good for a dog just like it isn't good for kids but it won't hurt them. It's chocolate that can kill them.

In the future you can go to google and type in foods dogs shouldn't eat to quickly find reliable info
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:15 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Oh well she gets diarrhea over EVERYTHING so basically she's been banned to the backyard for the day and hopefully it gets out of her system! Thanks for the answers guys!
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 11:19 AM on Oct. 20, 2009