My daughter has expressed an interest in drama/childrens theater performing...

and i have no idea how to find one of these programs in my area. She really wants to try acting on stage (which i think is great) and i have heard of programs where the children do the performances and i know she would be interested in this but i have no idea how to find one and what i need to do. So if any of you have any info or ideas please leave them I really want to help her do this. She hasnt stopped talking about it since she brought it up a few weeks ago. Thanks for your suggestions and info!!

elananme

Asked by elananme at 9:59 AM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• How exciting! I wish my dd showed an interest in drama.
    We have a community theater here. Do you have a local university? Sometimes they have a performance and children,though some of them don't use actual children. If you you have a civic center in your community that may be a good place to start looking.
    Remind your dd that an audition can be a little intimidating-all eyes on her and every ear hanging on her every word. GL to you both:)
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 1:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2009