My daughter has expressed an interest in drama/childrens theater performing...

and i have no idea how to find one of these programs in my area. She really wants to try acting on stage (which i think is great) and i have heard of programs where the children do the performances and i know she would be interested in this but i have no idea how to find one and what i need to do. So if any of you have any info or ideas please leave them I really want to help her do this. She hasnt stopped talking about it since she brought it up a few weeks ago. Thanks for your suggestions and info!!

elananme

Asked by elananme at 10:00 AM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I live in Omaha NE and my daughter did a 6 week course on acting through our local community theater. It was great, the kids wrote thier own play and then acted it out for us parents
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 10:36 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Is there a program at her school? I was in drama in High School. It is a great thing to get in to. It got me over my fear of talking to large groups of people. I think it is great that you are supporting her on this. Sorry i can not help more.

Christine113

Answer by Christine113 at 11:46 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• My local library offers a film program each summer where the kids write the script, film, act, edit, and then have a showing, and it's free. You may want to suggest this to the children's/teen librarian in your area. Along with the community theatre, check out programs offered by local community colleges and universities. They usually offer programs for acting/film/play production at various rates.
    kitkabob

Answer by kitkabob at 12:03 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Contact the local community theater, there is often a childrens theater as well. Our local newspaper lists audition times. We took the kids, it is a great experience even if they do not make it.
    ysmeine

Answer by ysmeine at 9:21 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Christian Youth Theater. I believe it is nationwide and it is not "Christian". They just call it that. I did it for eight years as a kid.
    MommyHess

Answer by MommyHess at 12:08 AM on Oct. 30, 2009