My heart hurts so much!

I am actually in physical pain because I want to be pregnant so badly but it is just not happening... its all I think about all day. I need to stop but its like I have no control!! Please HELP ME!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Oct. 20, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i kno how u feel im right there with ya and i kno that stress make it worse and that we have to rlax... thats so much eaiser said then done so what i do is i take a "baby break" i focous on my self and i think about what makes me happy like a warm bath or a pedi ne thing and do it and that helps so much and in the end ur less stressed and maybe it will help out the baby thing as well... good luck!
    Ana801

Answer by Ana801 at 10:22 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Try to find something else to occupy your mind. Start a new hobby like quilting that takes a lot of planning and many steps. Volunteer. Working with an animal rescue works for me. You can help at adoption events or foster animals.

I almost always have 2 foster kittens. When they get big enough to have their spay/neuter surgery (2 pounds) then they can go to be adopted and I get 2 new foster kittens. Right now I have a girl we named Sabrina that is a black ball of long hair fluff and her brother Santana, he has medium hair and is black with white. Foster moms get to name the kittens and can have say in who adopts them.

Start reading a new author that has written a lot of books. It's hard to think about other things when you are reading. Diane Mott Davidson writes a series about a woman that solves murders as she caters for the rich. James Patterson is my favorite.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:25 AM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I'm so sorry to hear that. There are so many women here that want it so bad that they are hurting their chance by the stress they create. If you are so stressed that you have physical pain...well I'm sure you know you probably won't get pregnant. The body naturally goes into protective mode under duress and will prevent you from ovulating. That's why overly stressed people (anorexics is a well know group) don't get their periods/have irratic cycles/just don't conceive. Honestly, if I ever got that worked up, I'd throw out all my OPKs, stop charting and all that other stuff. Just have sex and try to put something else in the focus of my life. I don't know if that is something you could do. Maybe you can plan a surprise for your husband or go visit some trips. I think that pet fostering idea is great! There's more than just cats you can foster too! Pretty much any animal you can think of.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 1:21 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• First off, I have no idea what you guys are going through...but I wish every one of you all the luck and happiness in the world. However, I do remember after having a miscarriage some years back that it helped me deal with six (yes six) other women who were pregnant at the same time as I had been, if I focused on my body and getting it as healthy as possible. Not for a BABY, mind you...but just so I could be healthiest I could be. I started working out, eating better, reading up on health and natural healting and juicing and all this stuff...and it takes up a lot of time, but it's all things that improve your mental and emotional well being. It will also ensure that any pregnancy that does occur will be as healthy and strong as possible. FYI, I just read a book on fertility that I ordered on amazon thinking it was something else...and 90% of women who want a baby, can find a way to have one! Good luck to all!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• I felt the same way and I could never stop thinking about it...espesically knowing that my sister and friend were both pregnant at the same time and there was no luck...but as much as we give you advice, I do believe that it is an individual choice to stop worrying about ir..because it is so easy for somebody to tell you that but when it's something that you really want, it's not that easy...just pray about it and God will work it out...Although i have not yet conceived, I dnt worry about it no more...
    Anonymous

• I am in the same boat. I would cry every night over it. So, since we have been TTC for 21 months with no luck, I finally gave away all of my daughters baby stuff (that we have been storing for almost 3 years). Then we just got a new dog. I feel like I am finally realizing it isn't going to happen and hoping that a new addition to the family, even if it is just a dog, will keep me busy and my mind off of it. It seems to be working so far.
    Jen110786

Answer by Jen110786 at 12:02 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Thanks ladies for the kind words and great ideas..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Oct. 22, 2009